PUBG MOBILE is pleased to announce the release of Version 1.6 today, which includes a spread of new additions to the game, from exciting partnerships with big names across music, film, and gaming, to new and returning gameplay maps and modes – including the grand return of ice-blown map Vikendi.
From today, Flora Menace will introduce an infestation of alien Yarilo plants to Erangel, leading to players taking part in epic battles against each other onboard the alien spaceship Cell Matrix for random weapon drops. Meanwhile, the eagerly awaited return of six other game modes, like Metro Royale: Reunion and Titans: Last Stand, will be staggered throughout September and October.
In addition, PUBG MOBILE is continuing its successful partnership with international DJ Alan Walker by bringing exclusive music and outfits to the game, alongside other upcoming partnerships with DUNE and Kartrider Rush+.
PUBG MOBILE has today officially launched Version 1.6, featuring:
- An all-new gameplay mode: Flora Menace
- The return of Vikendi
- The comeback of Metro Royale: Reunion, Titans: Last Stand, Survive Till Dawn, Payload 2.0, Runic Power, and Infection Mode
- Crossovers and partnerships with Alan Walker, KartRider Rush+, Legendary Entertainment’s Godzilla vs. Kong, and DUNE.
- The upcoming Royale Pass Seasons
- A number of gameplay changes and optimizations
Long term PUBG MOBILE fans will also likely see some of their favorite game modes return, as seven beloved game modes have been added back into the game for a limited time. Players are also set for some exciting new collaborations, as the Version 1.6 update will see the return of Alan Walker and Godzilla vs. Kong, alongside new partnerships with KartRider Rush+, and the upcoming star-studded blockbuster DUNE.
Beware: Erangel has been invaded! Alien Yarilo plants have taken over the map and it’s now up to players to fight back! In this special game mode, Yarilo parent plants will randomly appear in urban map areas, creating Rejuvenation Barriers that boost and regenerate player health. Erangel will also host the Cell Matrix, an alien spaceship flying high above the map. Players can board the ship by finding Cells spread throughout the map, then fight other players once onboard for awesome random weapon drops, with simultaneously earning Nacore Chips.
Nacore Chips are used for the all-new DynaHex Supplies system, which allows players to order combat supplies to a specific location. There are limited respawns on the Cell Matrix, so players who run out will be ejected back down to the ground. After a designated amount of time, the Cell Matrix will begin docking. Those who manage to survive will continue battles with others among multiple spaceships.
The Flora Menace invasion will begin on Erangel today, and then continue its incursion into Sanhok on September 18th followed by Livik on September 22nd. The Cell Matrix will only appear in Erangel.
The Version 1.6 update also brings back the very best of PUBG MOBILE with the re-releasing seven beloved game modes back into the game!
- Metro Royale: Reunion, from September 28th – Travel through underground tunnels filled with danger, survive, and reap the rewards
- Titans: Last Stand, from September 28th – Join the Monarch Expeditionary team and use heavy weaponry to help defeat Mechagodzilla
- Vikendi, from October 8th – The chilly terrain of Vikendi returns. Make sure to pack your snow gear
- Survive Till Dawn, from October 15th – When the sun goes down, survive the Zombie onslaught
- Payload 2.0, from October 15th – Hop in heavy land and air-based weaponry for some explosive combat
- Runic Power, from October 15th – Embody Flame, Arctic, or Wind power, collect crystals and dominate your enemies on the battlefield
- Infection Mode, from October 15th – Choose to be Defender or Zombie in this fast-paced infection gameplay
Alongside these exciting gameplay updates, PUBG MOBILE is continuing its run of an amazing content partnership with the Version 1.6 update. Alan Walker, the world-renowned DJ and artist known for hits such as ‘Faded,” “Darkside,’ ‘All Falls Down’ and ‘Alone,’ is returning to the game with music, exclusive outfits, and items. Players can stay tuned for his new song on September 23rd in PUBG MOBILE. Alan Walker previously teamed up with PUBG MOBILE in 2019 with the singles ‘On My Way’ and ‘Live Fast’. Look out for more information on this partnership soon!
Also announced during the PUBG MOBILE TEAM UP CHALLENGE were partnerships with world-famous anime JUJUTSU KAISEN and cutting-edge architecture firm Zaha Hadid Architects. As part of the Version 1.6 update, PUBG MOBILE is pleased to announce additional upcoming partnerships with:
- KartRider Rush+ – The high-octane mobile kart racing game enjoyed by over 25M players worldwide (excluding Chinese Mainland).
- DUNE – The highly anticipated blockbuster film directed by Denis Villeneuve, based on Frank Herbert’s classic 1965 sci-fi novel.
New details about Royale Pass Month 3: Chef’s Special and Royale Pass Month 4: Temporal Warriors have also been revealed. Adding awesome new themed items, these passes begin in mid-September and mid-October respectively. Players who buy RP during these Royale Passes will also be automatically entered in the RP Server Golden Chicken event, where a free Royale Pass Month and exclusive title are up for grabs for three lucky winners.
A number of gameplay improvements have also been made as part of the Version 1.6 update. Player animations, controls, and the HUD have been updated, along with more customization options in the settings. Players can also now enjoy an unlimited ammo mode in the Training Grounds, with the P90, MG3, ASM Abakan added as usable firearms. A new Highlights mode can also be turned on in the settings, for players to be able to check out their best eliminations at the end of a Classic Mode match.