Yesterday on Day 1 of QuakeCon at Home, Bethesda launched a new version of the original Quake and hosted a series of panels with Bethesda developers talking about what’s new and what’s upcoming for their latest games.
In celebration of 25 years since the release of the dark fantasy first-person shooter, an enhanced version of the original Quake is available today on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Game Pass for console and PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and backward compatible on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5. Native Xbox Series X|S and PS5 versions bringing 4K at 120 FPS will be available soon as a free upgrade.
As part of the celebration, Quake II and Quake III: Arena is also now available on Xbox Game Pass for PC in their original form.
- The Original Quake, Enhanced: Experience the authentic, updated, and visually enhanced version of the original Quake. Featuring resolutions up to 4K and widescreen resolution support enhanced models, dynamic and color lightning, anti-aliasing, depth of field, and the original soundtrack and theme song by Trent Reznor.
- Online, Cross-play, & Local Multiplayer and CO-OP: Play in 4-player online or local split-screen co-op, or compete in pure, retro-style combat with support for 8-player (online) or 4-player (local split-screen) matches. Multiplayer features cross-play between all platforms and dedicated server support for online matchmaking.
- Original and New Expansions Included: Quake comes with both original expansion packs: “The Scourge of Armagon” and “Dissolution of Eternity,” as well as two expansions developed by the award-winning team at MachineGames: “Dimension of the Past,” and the all-new “Dimension of the Machine.”
The team at Arkane Lyon took a closer look at DEATHLOOP’s multiplayer on their panel yesterday, discussing what it will be like to jump into a game as Julianna and hunt the player-controlled Colt. With fresh gameplay footage and a deeper discussion of the many ways to play this immersive shooter, PS5 and PC players interested in this highly anticipated upcoming release.
Fallout Worlds brings unique adventures in Appalachia with rotating Public Worlds and grants players the tools to build their own player-created Custom Worlds. The team at BGS discussed what this means, how it will work, and more in their panel.
- Public Worlds: A rotating series of Fallout Worlds experiences, each with its own unique spin on Appalachia, hand-created by the team at Bethesda Game Studios. Public Worlds will be available and free for all Fallout 76 players to join and experience.
- Custom Worlds: Custom Worlds take the personalization of private servers to another level, granting active Fallout 1st members access to Fallout Worlds’ customizable settings to create their own truly unique experiences.
- Daily Ops Expansion II: Fallout 76’s latest expansion for Daily Ops introduces Double Mutation events every other weekend, a new enemy group, three new locations, and new rewards!
- More to Explore: Vault 51 is now open for exploration to players in all game modes.
ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE
Matt Firor and Rich Lambert took fans inside The Elder Scrolls Online to talk about the latest additions, graphical improvements, and updates coming to the game. Bethesda also debuted a new trailer and introduced new players to the numerous ways to play the award-winning online RPG.
The dust has settled from the events of The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood, yet schemes of Mehrunes Dagon persist in its aftermath. The Elder Scrolls Online: Waking Flame DLC continues the story and delivers two new dungeons on August 23rd for PC/MAC and Stadia, and September 8th, 2021 for consoles. Players can try ESO now through August 30th, 2021 during the Free Play Event.
id Software’s Marty Stratton and Hugo Martin brought fans up to date on everything happening with DOOM Eternal and the upcoming Update, including new info on Horde Mode, BATTLEMODE updates, and two new Master Levels. Bethesda also revealed the Nintendo Switch trailer for DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods – Part Two, which is releasing on August 26th, 2021.
A few of Skyrim’s developers sat down together for the game’s 10th Anniversary and shared memories and insider stories while watching the opening moments of the game played live. Also announced during the panel was the anniversary celebration concert of the game’s original score performed by the London Symphony Orchestra, live streaming on Bethesda’s Twitch and YouTube channels on November 11th, 2021.
Bethesda also announced The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition which contains the full game plus all three expansions – Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn – as well all the enhancements found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition. The Anniversary Edition also contains over 500 unique pieces of Creation Club content, including quests, dungeons, bosses, weapons, spells, and more.