Fresh off their IGF win for last year’s Heaven’s Vault, today inkle is lifting the curtain on their next game, Pendragon — coming to Steam this summer!
Pendragon is inkle’s next evolutionary step in strategic narrative games. An epic character-driven Arthurian legend told turn by turn on the field of battle itself, Pendragon creates its story as you play, with every move you make pushing the narrative in new directions while every dialogue choice and story twist opens up new gameplay opportunities.
AD 673. Camelot has fallen. The jealous Sir Mordred has broken the fellowship of the Round Table with hatred and lies. Now Arthur Pendragon faces his final battle.
Rally the Knights of the Round Table to reach King Arthur before he meets his fate. Some will make it to Camlann. Others will fall. Yet every turn will change history.
Secrets will be uncovered. Hearts will be broken. People will die. But maybe, just maybe, King Arthur can be saved…
An infinitely replayable epic — the Arthurian legend told and retold, with every discovery and strategic decision penning a unique tale.
- Journey across Dark Ages Britain to face wild creatures, brutal rogues, and Sir Mordred’s dark knights. A randomized game board ensures every playthrough is new.
- Fight turn-based battles with simple yet deeply strategic combat where position is everything, losses are inevitable, and every step permanently shapes the narrative.
- Choose carefully: Pendragon’s turn-by-turn story is built from your path across the board and your decisions on the battlefield — as well as those of your enemies.
A legendary showdown — your actions determine whether Arthur faces Mordred alone or with his friends by his side.
- Pick a character to lead the adventure. Their personality will shape the story: Morgana le Fay is treacherous; Queen Guinevere is haunted by her mistakes; Sir Lancelot is French; Sir Gawaine is usually drunk…
- Assemble a ragtag band of knights, heroes, and peasants whose dispositions and abilities grow and change with the story.
- Live the legend: there will be love, suspicion, revenge, sacrifice and murder — and no one is safe, not even your leader.