DreadStar: The Quest for Revenge has launched. Its received huge praise on Steam and its developer, Augmented Irreality, have their eyes firmly set on its future.
From leaderboards to a Gauntlet mode that fresh Bounty Hunters can push through in a traditional arcade format, the roadmap also highlights a key addition: a custom level editor that will allow players to create and share their own devilish maps.
DreadStar blends RPG elements into the shmup genre, including level-ups, skill points and ship upgrades, without putting players through bullet hell. With 6 replayable sectors, multiple difficulty settings, leveling, skill points, ship upgrades, numerous customization options and weapons ranging from the Gauss Cannons to Hadron Exploders, DreadStar offers plenty of bang-for-your-buck for just $9.99.
- Fast shoot ’em up gameplay with epic boss encounters.
- 4 different ships and 10 different weapons to annihilate your opponents.
- Tons of customization options from armors and engines, to shields and special items.
- Gain experience, level-ups and skill points to incrementally improve your ship’s strength.
- 6 replayable sectors filled with unique enemies, bosses and minibosses.
- 3 difficulty settings for every sector, where you’ll need to improve both your skill and your ship to progress.
- Gorgeous pixel art cutscenes and a kick-ass chiptunes soundtrack made on the famed Atari-ST and ZX Spectrum.
- A 4:3 display and CRT mode for that authentic retro experience.