Today, New Wave Toys launched Dragon’s Lair X RepliCade, a fully playable, 12-inch-tall replica of Don Bluth’s original 1983 Dragon’s Lair arcade cabinet. Dragon’s Lair X RepliCade is officially licensed by Digital Leisure and now available on NewWaveToys.com for $119.99.
A galvanizing blast from the past that never could have been realized without New Wave’s technological wizardry and the passion of more than 2,000 Kickstarter backers, the Dragon’s Lair X RepliCade is a true marvel of intricate detailing, from its playscale joystick and buttons down to a fully functional raised-letter metal coin door.
Key features include:
- Plays the original Dragon’s Lair arcade game running on Daphne LaserDisc Emulator
- Fully functional secondary scoreboard displays player’s scores, lives, and credits
- Traditional 4:3 aspect ratio on a gorgeous 4.2-inch screen
- Arcade Operator’s menu featuring dip switch settings and cabinet controls
- Miniaturized 1/6-scale control panel featuring a ball-top joystick and authentic action buttons
- Cabinet constructed from premium materials: wood, metal, and plastic
- Raised letter metal coin door with storage compartment
- Illuminated marquee and LED cabinet accents
- Signature amplified multi-speaker audio reproduction with volume control
- High-resolution cabinet art (professionally reproduced by EscapePod) on quality 3M vinyl overlays
- Built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- HDTV connectivity
- USB controller support
- Replica LaserDisc Player with Remote Control
- Replica LaserDisc & Sleeve
- Micro USB Charge Cable
- Replica Operator’s Manual
- 4x Mini Tokens
- Daphne Kickplate Decal
New Wave Toys is dedicated to recreating the authentic arcade experience with its line of premium collectibles, all of which replicate the features and vintage feel of the arcade machines we grew up with, in consumer-friendly 1/6-scale. Dragon’s Lair X RepliCade follows previously released cabinets including Street Fighter II: Champion Edition X RepliCade, Tempest X RepliCade, and Centipede X RepliCade.