The critically acclaimed Hero-Roguelike Risk of Rain 2 returns with its first-ever expansion, Survivors of the Void, coming in Q1 of 2022 and is available for wishlisting on Steam. Details on console availability of this added content will be coming soon.
The Void is the home dimension of dark creatures. Their power has grown for countless millennia as their hordes of items, weapons, and powerful beings expanded. Cloaked in the aegis of the Void Dimension, their strength is unchecked. As they grow, they are united through the vision of the Harbinger.
New Content Coming in Survivors of the Void:
- Alternate Final Boss & Stage
- 2 New Survivors
- 40 New Items – Including an entirely new item-tier exclusive to the expansion
- New Game Mode – The Simulacrum
- The Simulacrum is a wave-based arena mode set within a Void simulation. It can be played both single and multiplayer and contains any artifacts you’ve unlocked ready for use. It is an endless mode that only concludes with your simulated demise.
- You can see the new mode in action in Dev Thoughts #23.
- 9 New Monsters
- 2 New Bosses
- 2 New Elite Types
- 4 New Stages
- 3 New Interactables (similar to chests, Scrappers, 3D printers, and item containers)
- New Music
- Additional fixes, changes, and improvements