Today, Modiphius Entertainment is excited to send word that they are teaming up with indie tabletop creator Runehammer to bring a special new hardbound print edition of the immensely popular Index Card RPG (ICRPG) to local gaming stores. Runehammer has also unveiled the insane heavy metal RPG Viking Death Squad, which will debut in retail at the same time!
As a special bonus, Runehammer is now offering 100% FREE access to their custom-built, lightweight, easy-to-use Virtual Tabletop (VTT). This VTT software has been built for Runehammer users worldwide, with a unique, super-simple feature set that leaves grids and menus behind for drag-and-drop game mastering with global players.
Viking Death Squad and the Index Card RPG Master Edition are both available for pre-order on the Modiphius Web Store today. Pre-orders will receive the complete PDF on purchase, with both books heading to your local game stores in spring 2022.
Index Card RPG Master Edition combines ICRPG’s numerous worlds, streamlined D20 rules, and critically acclaimed GM know-how all in one high-quality hardback, totally revised and updated with the latest playtest data gathered from players all over the world. For the first time, this edition will be available to fans across the world through their friendly local game shop.
This edition of ICRPG contains:
- 400 pages of straight-to-table D20-based tools, monsters, equipment, and tidbits to hack into any system or style
- Five complete worlds: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Weird West, Ice Age, and Superheroes
- A massive collection of D100 loot tables, monster creation tables, and more
- A critically acclaimed, nuts and bolts GM section that transcends systems
- Includes four years of print-cut-fold miniatures in one enormous PDF. Also, check out Runehammer Online for a huge and free collection of VTT tokens and tidbits from over the years
Viking Death Squad is a world, RPG system, and play resource inspired by the heavy metal super classic “War Pigs” by Black Sabbath. This TTRPG is an explosive game of immortal Vikings, cybernetic horrors, and demonic legions. This compact hardbound book is jam-packed with hard-edged artwork by Brandish Gilhelm, with all the brutality, battleaxes, and screaming skulls the genre demands.
Viking Death Squad Features:
- A unique D6 “dice pile” system for challenge resolution
- No Hit Points, Initiative-as-armor, and more hard-and-fast innovations
- A unique world of Urth in the 100th century, complete with radioactive monstrosities, armies of cyborgs, insect tribes, and of course — Vikings from space
- Play as Viking Immortal or resourceful Human survivor
- Explore the Warlands, Low Orbit, the Poison Forest, and Hell itself