Marvelous Europe Limited are today excited to announce the Digital Limited Edition and Digital Pre-Order details for the upcoming Action/Simulation game developed by Edelweiss, Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, which will launch physically and digitally within Europe and Australia on the 20th November 2020 for the Nintendo Switch™ and PlayStation 4.
Firstly the Digital Limited Edition, known as the Digital Deluxe Edition, will be available exclusively for the PlayStation 4 via the PlayStation Store, with an SRP of £44.99 / €49.99, and come packed with a whole host of digital goodies including four Exclusive PlayStation 4 themes.
Digital Deluxe Edition Contents:
- Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin PlayStation 4 Game
- Digital Soundtrack App with 42 tracks
- 4 Exclusive PlayStation 4 Themes
- PSN Avatar Set with 9 Avatars
In addition, digital pre-orders for Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin are now available on the Nintendo eShop, for Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation Store, for PlayStation 4. The standard digital edition is priced at £34.99 / €39.99. Furthermore, those who pre-order digitally on the PlayStation Store, for the PlayStation 4, will also receive access to an additional PlayStation 4 Theme. This theme is exclusive to digital pre-orders and is not included in the Digital Deluxe Edition.
Finally, Marvelous Europe Limited have today confirmed that Sakuna: of Rice and Ruin will offer dual-audio support, with the games voice-over being available in English and Japanese, and in-game text localised in English.
As a reminder, the physical Collector’s Edition, known as the Golden Harvest Edition, of Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is currently available to pre-order for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 from a selection of retailers within Europe and is also now available to pre-order from the Marvelous Games Store for £49.99 / €59.99.
Golden Harvest Edition Contents:
- Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin Game
- 132-page Artbook
- 3 Disc Soundtrack CD Collection
- Double Sided Poster
- Collector’s Box
A standard physical edition of Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 will also be available at selected retailers within Europe and Australia with an SRP of £34.99 / €39.99. A list of retailers stocking Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin can be found on the Marvelous Games website.
About Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin:
Developed by Edelweiss, the team behind acclaimed indie darling Astebreed, Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin combines side-scrolling action with deep crafting and rice cultivation. Players take on the role of Sakuna, a spoiled harvest goddess banished to a dangerous island with a group of outcast humans. As she explores the beautiful yet forbidding environments of the island, she will also find a home in a mountain village, proving herself worthy of her title by harvesting rice and bettering the lives of humanity.
- Refined Side-scrolling Platform Action: Using farm tools as weapons, chain together quick, heavy, and special attacks to take down demonic beasts, while mastering the magical “divine raiment” will be essential to grapple distant platforms, evade danger, and overcome powerful enemies.
- Detailed 3D Simulation-style Gameplay: Learn the ancient art of agriculture by following detailed steps from planting to harvesting to cultivate the perfect crop. As a harvest goddess, Sakuna’s strength grows with each successful rice crop, with attributes such as aesthetic and flavor directly correlating to her combat abilities.
- Creating a Home in the Wilderness: Sakuna’s mortal companions make weapons, armor, and meals for her using the materials and ingredients she gathers on her adventures, and completing quests for them will unlock even more options.
- A Fresh Take on Japanese Mythology: The heroine is part of a pantheon of gods and demons inspired by traditional Japanese mythology but featuring many unique twists. The story and world are filled with lovingly rendered details, some familiar and some completely original.
Developed by Edelweiss and to be published by Marvelous Europe Limited for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 in Europe and Australia, Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin will launch physically and digitally on 20th November 2020. Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin will also be released digitally for Windows PC on STEAM via XSEED Games / Marvelous USA, Inc. on the 10th November 2020. This title has been rated PEGI 16, USK 12, ACB PG.