Overwolf and Dawn just announced the launch of #DawnSavesWildlifeChallenge, a contest awarding $30,000 in hardware to gamers who can design the most creative wildlife environment in Minecraft.
TLDR on the challenge:
- Starting September 20th and running through October 17th, 2021 Minecraft players will have the opportunity to post video clips on Twitter of their best wildlife environment using the hashtag #DawnSavesWildLife.
- Each week of the challenge, three Alienware PCs to the top three creators of the most inspiring wildlife clips.
- At the end of the campaign, Oculus Rift Quest VR headsets will be raffled off to participants.
- Popular Minecraft personalities will be joining in for the fun including Elysium and JerryVsHarry
- For each clip submitted, Dawn will donate $5 to their non-profit partners.
- Please find the full press release below as well as a link to the media kit. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Inspired by Dawn’s decades-long commitment to protecting and caring for wildlife, gamers are invited to design the most creative wildlife environments in Minecraft for the chance to win up to $30,000 worth of prizes and raise funds for International Bird Rescue and The Marine Mammal Center
“Dawn is dedicated to creating a cleaner world for wildlife – starting at the sink, with products designed to get dishes cleaner faster while using fewer resources, and at the shore, where we work with rescue experts to care for wildlife,” commented Kristine Decker, Senior Vice President, North America Dish Care at Procter & Gamble. “We can’t wait to see Dawn’s mission come to life in a completely new way thanks to the creativity of the Minecraft community. We hope this challenge inspires people and emphasizes the need to protect the world we share with wildlife.”
“I’m excited to work with Dawn to bring much-needed attention to helping care for wildlife and protect our planet’s unique ecosystems while having $30,000 worth of hardware up for grabs. I know the Minecraft community loves a good challenge and they will imagine and design the most impressive wildlife environments, inspired by the real thing,” commented Uri Marchand, Overwolf Co-Founder and CEO.
Eco-conscious content creators and popular Minecraft personalities will be joining in for the fun including Elysium and JerryVsHarry.