ZLONGAME has launched the closed beta of its new open-world sci-fi MMO,Second Galaxy, today. Intergalactic adventure seekers who want to participate in the closed beta are encouraged to follow the game’s official Facebook page to gain entry, although limited spots are available and access will be given on a first come, first served basis.
- Neo-European Federation: Classic and simple design with a heavy emphasis on missiles for weapons
- Economic Community of Dawn: Flexible ship design with blasters as their main weapons
- Oracle Empire: Grandiose and curvilinear design that makes full use of laser cannons
- Republic of Svarus: Simple and rough design with magnetic railguns
- United Solar Systems of Hygara: Classic streamline design featuring balanced use of all weapon types
At its core, Second Galaxy is truly an open world game where players are given a high degree of freedom that stretches beyond 1,000 light-years and consists of over 50,000 stars and 5,000 galaxies filled with wormholes, space stations, and all manner of celestial bodies and man-made facilities to explore. By traversing through wormholes and reaching the unknown reaches of the universe, players can encounter numerous random events, some of which may lead encounters with players who are on the same mission, thus forming new events.
Behind the scenes, ZLONGAME has made significant breakthroughs to overcome many technical barriers to support up to half a million concurrent online players, and thousands of players on the same screen engaging in real-time combat. All players are on the same server, which allows all communications to be done in real-time. Second Galaxy uses a dynamic server distribution strategy, a new technological innovation for mobile platforms, to make all of this possible and is the first mobile game in the world to achieve such a feat.