Today, publisher 1C Entertainment is excited to introduce its latest partnership – talented Russian developer, GameTrek – and shine a spotlight on their upcoming grand strategy game: Secret Government. Arriving on Steam Early Access this October, get ready to step into the shadows and manage your very own secret society, complete with all the geopolitical perks you’d expect from manipulating the world’s superpowers.
Taking place from the 18th century to the present day, Secret Government tasks you with leading a secret society as you spread your influence across the globe, rewriting key historical events – from the War of Independence to the French and Napoleonic Wars. Manage your resources as you manipulate the actions of the world’s leaders. From strategically planting your agents in vulnerable regions, to infiltrating powerful institutions of authority, anyone can be your pawn as you exploit their resources and seize control over key decision-makers.
You’re not the only secret society lurking in the shadows, though. Be wary, as a rival secret society exists… and they aren’t afraid to manipulate their way into the history books. Make every action and choice count as you outthink the competition and maintain your hard-earned secrecy and level of infiltration in the shadows.
- Rewrite History – From the 18th century to the present day, the War of Independence to the French and Napoleonic Wars, each mission will drop players into major global conflicts, tasking them with manipulating the outcome to serve the Brotherhood’s ambitions.
- Play Your Pawns – The world’s most powerful figures – from national rulers to military superpowers – are but mere pawns to you. Learn to manipulate their complex AI machinations as you leverage their unique abilities to shape the world to your needs.
- Indirect Influence – Why should you have to do the heavy lifting of executing your diplomatic, economic, and militaristic ambitions? Plant your own agents and indirectly coerce others to do your bidding with over 50 types of actions intended to upend the world’s balance in your favor while keeping your hands clean.
- Manipulate a Living World – From ideologies to social classes, taxes to civil unrest, the world of Secret Government is comprised of countless interconnected sociopolitical systems that effectively simulate a believable and reactionary world. While world leaders strive to maintain the status quo, how will you destabilize the system and trigger worldwide change?
- You’re Not Alone in the Shadows – Facing down a hostile secret organization that isn’t afraid to manipulate their way into the history books, make every action and choice count in order to outthink the competition and maintain your hard-earned secrecy and level of infiltration in the shadows.
Secret Government slips its way out of the shadows and onto Steam Early Access this October. For more information, be sure to Wishlist the game on Steam and follow GameTrek and 1C Entertainment on Twitter.