The Super Nintendo Classic is Now Available for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation4, PC, and Mobile Devices.
SQUARE ENIX today announced that Actraiser Renaissance, the remastered edition of the classic 2D action platformer and city-building simulation game, is now available to play on modern platforms, including the Nintendo Switch system, the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, PC (STEAM), and mobile devices. Actraiser Renaissance delivers beautifully remastered HD graphics and various quality of life updates for both fans of the original and a new generation of gamers alike.
Actraiser Renaissance combines 2D action and platforming with city-building simulation. Help humanity prosper by playing as the Lord of Light and their loyal angel in a world beset by evil. Utilize your miraculous powers to summon lightning and trigger earthquakes to remove obstacles that impede the growth of your civilization. Explore the vast new realm, build, and protect your settlements with the angel’s mighty bow and arrow to ward off the evil monsters that prey on your people.
New updates and features include:
- Beautifully remastered HD graphics including the characters, map, monsters, and battle backgrounds and effects
- Newly designed city-building simulation segments, including a new region and developmental stages for cities
- Players can harness new magic, including the ability to cast fire, ice, and other magical elements, in 2D action stages
- Players can dodge, attack, and slash with upward and downward motions, for a more dynamic action experience
- New real-time strategy “Settlement Siege” feature
- Remastered original soundtrack with 15 new music tracks
- Ability to toggle between the original soundtrack and newly remastered soundtrack from the original composer, Yuzo Koshiro
- New auto-save and difficulty settings feature
In celebration of the 30th anniversary of the original game’s release, players who purchase the game before November 1st, 2021 through the Nintendo eShop or the Nintendo store website and STEAM will receive an early purchase bonus that includes wallpaper and a mini soundtrack consisting of five in-game songs. In addition to the mini soundtrack, players who purchase via the PlayStation Store before November 1st, 202* will receive an original PS4 theme with background music.