United Games Entertainment, the umbrella company for Strictly Limited Games/ININ Games, is excited to announce that they have exclusive rights for distribution and sales of Taito’s EGRET II mini in the West. Set for release in the New Year, this gaming hardware is creating great excitement in Japan.
Ever-expanding German media publishing house United Games Entertainment, with its two-game publishing labels, ININ Games and Strictly Limited Games, is moving into 2022 with an exciting announcement. They have secured exclusive rights for the distribution of TAITO’s EGRET II mini in North America and Europe! The home version of the famous arcade cabinet will be available in different exclusive editions for the Western territories starting in 2022.
Great news for all fans who have been eagerly trying to order this yet-to-be-released console, directly from Japan. With this exciting announcement United Games Entertainment, who exclusively distribute and sell TAITO’s titles in the West, both in digital and physical form, continues its growing relationship with one of Japan’s most iconic video games companies, well-known for legendary games such as Space Invaders, Bubble Bobble and many others.
The EGRET II mini is a faithful miniaturized version of the original, successful arcade cabinet TAITO EGRET II, coming with special content and features that make it a ‘must have’ for gamers:
- A total of 40 pre-installed games, including classics such as Space Invaders, Lunar Rescue, Bubble Bobble, Darius Gaiden, and many more
- 5-inch 4:3 rotating screen (1024×768 resolution) for horizontal and vertical alignment and an optimal adaptation to the selected game
- Joystick individually adjustable for each game – easily switch from 8 directions to 4 directions
- HDMI output to play the games also on TV
- Two USB Type-A controller ports for the different EGRET II mini controllers (that are sold separately)
- Power inlet via USB Type-C port
- SD card slot to add even more games
- Own integrated sound through stereo speakers
- Instruction panel for exchangeable instruction cards
- Special ingame features like: Save states, adjustable lives, and rapid-fire
- Games, Games, and more Games!
In addition to the 40 pre-installed games on the console, 10 additional games can be added through an SD card that’s included in the EGRET II mini Paddle and Trackball Game Expansion Set, coming with Strike Bowling, Arkanoid, Plump Pop, and seven other TAITO classics.
This adds up to an incredible total of 50 games of various genres, from 1978 to 1997 that will be available with the launch of the EGRET II mini!