Largest global student VALORANT tournament ends with Egyptian victory.
Red Bull Campus Clutch came to a thrilling end on Sunday as Egyptian squad Team Anubis emerged victorious at La Estación Gran Teatro CaixaBank Príncipe Pío in Madrid.
- One of the first LAN competitions since April 2020, and the first-ever VALORANT event open to the public, the Red Bull Campus Clutch World Final did not disappoint with an exciting weekend of upsets.
- The group stage began on Saturday, July 17th, 2021 where the world’s best student teams representing South Korea, Turkey, Egypt, Canada, USA, New Zealand, Spain, Belarus, Portugal, Pakistan, Belgium and Peru went head-to-head and, for some, this was their first time travelling to Europe.
- Fan favourite teams such as Turkey’s Bedel Ödeyenler and Belarus’ Platoon were eliminated early on with Team Anubis, Project S and South Korea’s Vac Kimchi progressing to the last four alongside Canada’s BTR.
- Representing MENA, Team Anubis took fans and broadcast talent by surprise with a near-flawless performance, spearheaded by team captain Mohamed ‘Shalaby’ Abdelaziz – who awed fans throughout the event.
- The Egyptians began the semi-final with an incredibly strong B03, taking down BTR 2-0 and securing their spot in the Grand Final where Project S narrowly captured the first two maps before Team Anubis came back fighting with a dominant reverse sweep finishing 13-3 on Split.
- After edging out the Portuguese outfit 3-2, Team Anubis earned the prestigious title of Red Bull Campus Clutch World Champions, €20,000 and VIP tickets to the VALORANT Champions Tour.
Ziyad “zizox” ElSawaaf said: “We should never give up. We are competing as a team. Even if someone is down, the other will bring him up. It’s not just us five, but we’ve got the support of our managers, our coaches, our sub players, we are here like a family. Our next focus will be First Strike Arabia. We will prepare ourselves very well for this.”
Commentator Loviel “Velly” Cardwell also revealed that Red Bull Campus Clutch would return in 2022.