Today, SCS Software officially announced the development of another upcoming DLC which was originally showcased and teased during our most recent Christmas Special Stream.
The changes that are introduced with the 1.40 update for both American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2 have been visible to the public for some time now, in the currently still ongoing Open Beta builds.
By far the most visible change is the new lighting system, which has turned out to be the largest graphical rework in years.
Update 1.40 Open Beta Recap:
- New Visual Lighting System
- Extended Chassis update
- Freightliner Cascadia: Day cab 4×2
- Mack Anthem: Day cab 4×2
- International LoneStar: Day cab & Sleepers 8×4
- Peterbilt 389: Day cab & Sleepers 8×4 & 8×6
- Volvo VNL: Day cab 4×2, Day cab & Sleepers 8×4
- Peterbilt 579: Day cab 4×2
- Kenworth W900: Day cab & Sleepers 8×4 & 8×6
- Kenworth T680: Day cab 4×2
- Western Star 49X: Day cab & Sleepers 8×4 & 8×6
- New Mexico & Oregon DLC Viewpoints
- New 4×2, 8×4, and 8×6 chassis
- Western Star 49X update including sleeper variants and Set-Back configurations