Independent retro development studio Green Boy Games is releasing a Kickstarter campaign on January 18th to fund their new fantasy adventure The Shapeshifter for Nintendo Game Boy.
The Shapeshifter puts you in the shoes of Elliot, an ordinary person who is going to spend the weekend in the mountains, who meets an elf that will grant him the power of becoming the animal he touches.
While The Shapeshifter will be available on the studio’s website, there will be 100 limited edition units with a unique number and signature exclusive for Kickstarter backers.
The Shapeshifter will be available in a cartridge packed in a box with a manual. The game will be fully compatible with all Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance handhelds.
If the final stretch goal of €40,000 is reached on Kickstarter, The Shapeshifter will also be ported to NES.
- New Game Boy game in cartridge format –including a box and a manual.
- Lead Elliot in a fantasy adventure in which you can turn into the animals you touch and save the elven world from the wizard’s spell.
- Save and load your game.
- More than 4 hours of gameplay.
- Animated pixel-art graphics.
- Music composed by Cesc Mozota and Oscar Latorre
- Compatible with all Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance handhelds.