Today, Three Fields Entertainment revealed new assets, offering an exclusive first look at the game modes of Dangerous Driving.
From the creative talent behind the genre-defining Burnout series, Dangerous Driving puts aggression back into the racing genre, recapturing the spirit of the past and elevating it to new heights. Players will race ruthless opponents in a series of intense game modes, across 30 heart-stopping courses packed with mayhem and carnage.
There are 9 modes featured in the game, offering players the chance to either out-race their opponents or ensure their rivals don’t even make it to the finish line.
The Dangerous Driving modes include:
- Race – Takedown based race against 5 AI opponents. Players fight to be first. Dangerous and aggressive driving (near misses, drifting, driving in oncoming, near misses, battling) all earn boost allowing players to go even faster.
- Heatwave – A race focused on speed. Takedowns are not active, so players must rely on their racing skills. Dropping a whole boost bar in one go refills the boost (called a Heatwave), allowing players to chain these together.
- Face Off – 1 on 1 events against a rival to win their car. The rival is racing flat out so the only way to win is to slow them down via takedowns, whilst trying to avoid crashing.
- Shakedown – A fast lap against the clock. Medals are awarded based on time alone.
- Eliminator – One competitor is eliminated each lap in this 5 lap race. If players are in last place the position counter will flash red. Takedown rivals to get ahead and avoid elimination.
- GP – Players compete across 3 takedown race events to see who will win overall. Points are carried forward.
- Survival – A solo event where players race through a series of checkpoints – how long can players survive without crashing or running out of time?
- Pursuit – Play as the police and takedown targets before they escape.
- Road Rage – Players must score as many takedowns as possible against the clock.
If you’re attending PAX East this weekend, check out the game at the Indie MEGABOOTH, located at #16072.
Dangerous Driving will launch on April 9th for PlayStation4, Xbox One and PC (on the Epic Games store). Epic Games store pre-purchasing is now available for $26.99. Pre-purchase now to receive an exclusive in-game car – the VIP Sedan.
The physical version, published by Maximum Games for PS4 and Xbox One, includes bonus game Danger Zone 2, and will be available for $39.99 US/$49.99 CAD/UK £29.99/Europe €39.99/Australia $69.95 AUD.