Wales Interactive, Good Gate Media and Little Jade Productions are delighted to announce that THE COMPLEX – a completely live-action, interactive sci-fi thriller filmed in the UK will be released worldwide on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch on 31st March 2020.
After a major bio-weapon attack on London, two scientists find themselves in a locked-down laboratory with time, and air, running out. With choose-your-own-adventure style gameplay, your actions and your relationship with other characters will lead you to one of eight suspenseful endings.
Having treated the victims of a chemical attack in the totalitarian state of Kindar, Dr Amy Tenant (Michelle Mylett) is a leader in the advancement of Nanocell Technology. Now, in London, news breaks of a blood-vomiting civilian whose identity is far from coincidental. Reunited with an old friend, Amy is trapped in an impenetrable HQ of laboratories—a womb of scientific advancement with a perilous secret.
Throughout the game you will interact with characters and — depending on your choices — will
either strengthen or weaken your relationship. The relationship scores are calculated from the start
right through to the very end and will affect certain scenarios as well as having major consequences
in the concluding scenes.
For every decision you make, every interaction, your character’s personality is being tracked. At the
end of each playthrough, you are rewarded with a Personality Score and a breakdown to see how
you played the game. Discover the five basic dimensions of a personality; openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness and neuroticism. Which of those will your character
- A completely live action, cinematic interactive sci-fi thriller, filmed in the UK.
- Directed by Paul Raschid, and written by Lynn Renee Maxcy (The Handmaid’s Tale – TV Series).
- Multi-optional storytelling with 8 different outcomes.
- Real-time Relationship Status Tracking that influences the story as you play.
- Real-time Personality Trait Tracking that evolves based on your choices.
- Starring Michelle Mylett (Letterkenny, Bad Blood), Kate Dickie (Game of Thrones, The Witch) and Al Weaver (Grantchester).
- Guest acting performance by live streamer and presenter, Leah Viathan.
- Unlockable features include Skip Scene, Personality Assessment and a Hidden Event.
- Featuring a Pause Choices option for improved audience participation during live streams.