Twin Suns Corp is ramping up production on its forthcoming next-gen AAA IP after a hiring spree that is bringing some of the industry’s best and brightest to the table. Much of the Twin Suns team are coming back together after having worked with one another on IPs like Tomb Raider and Star Wars. Now with the goal of creating their own franchises and universes, each one brings a wealth of experience to the company’s first project thanks to their senior leadership roles on blockbuster titles including The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Marvel’s Avengers, Hitman, Tomb Raider, Republic Commando, and Star Wars.
“Twin Suns Corp sets a new direction for AAA game development: ethical, inclusive, and sustainable. In practical terms, this means nurturing creativity and collaboration, equal pay and opportunities, industry-leading benefits, being anti-crunch, and always prioritizing the team first.” – Forest Swartout Large, COO
Here’s a peek at the latest members added to the ever-growing, dynamic team:
- Harley Baldwin – Design Director – Harley’s design and leadership on Star Wars, Tomb Raider, Rock Band, Call of Duty & XCOM IPs primed her for her most recent role as VP of Design at Schell Games during the development of the groundbreaking original virtual reality IPs I Expect You To Die and Until You Fall.
- Brett Douville – Technical Director – Brett has led many engineering teams over his two decades in the games industry, including at LucasArts (Jedi Starfighter, Republic Commando) and Bethesda Game Studios (Skyrim, Fallout 4).
- Brandon Fernandez – Animation Director – Worked on Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and most recently at Crystal Dynamics on Avengers.
- Greg Knight – Art Director – Greg has spent many years in the industry-leading art on projects at ImageMovers Digital, DoubleFine, and Electronic Arts.
- Elizabeth LaPensée – Lead Writer and World Builder, Elizabeth LaPensée is an award-winning game writer recently inducted into the Women in Games Hall of Fame who brings fifteen years of experience.
- Chris Li – Senior Producer – Chris has more than 10 years of experience in developing games across time zones, languages, and cultures as a producer with LucasArts and Bandai Namco Studios Singapore.
- Ian Pang – Singapore Studio Director – Having spent the bulk of his video gaming career in LucasArts and Bandai Namco Studios, Ian brings with him a mix of the best of “East & West” game dev to Twin Suns Corp.
- Paul Pierce – Lead UX & UI Designer – Paul is a 20+ year veteran of the game industry. His employers and freelance clients include LucasArts, Disney Imagineering, Glu Mobile, Kabam, Akili Interactive, and 2K Games.
With a veteran team co-located throughout the US, Twin Suns have also established a global reach by forming an additional studio in Singapore. It is Twin Suns Corp’s belief that boundless creativity and AAA game development can exist in a multinational team working remotely across the globe and throughout time zones.
“Great games are about great people, no matter where they are. We are embracing remote development across the world making us a global studio where anyone is welcome. We will leverage everyone’s recent experience with virtual collaboration to grow a studio with few boundaries that gives our teams flexibility and peace of mind in their day to day working environment.” – Tim Longo, Game Director/CEO
These most recent hirings represent Twin Suns’ commitment to bringing the best of the best to the projects in development at the company. More exciting news about the team and projects will be revealed over the coming months.