Twitch Prime and legendary video game developer SNK are teaming up to give Amazon Prime members a summer full of arcade goodness with more than 20 free SNK titles for PC. Beginning May 26, Prime members can test their fighting skills in beloved classics like Samurai Shodown II and Fatal Fury Special, and blast enemies from space and beyond in games like Pulstar and Blazing Star. The SNK library offers something for all gamers, from longtime fans who grew up playing these games after school in the arcade to newcomers experiencing these iconic titles for the first time.
This expansive access to the beloved SNK arcade library is the first offer of its kind for Prime members and comes at the heels of the iconic Neo Geo arcade system’s 30th anniversary. The free games will be released across three separate drops, with the first coming Tuesday, May 26. The games are available for a limited time, but once Prime members claim the games, they can keep them forever.
The first drop includes the following titles:
- Art of Fighting 2 – In the second installment of the renowned Art of Fighting trilogy, players compete as one of 12 fighters for the coveted title of King of Fighters
- Blazing Star – Released in 1998, this shoot ‘em up side scroller and spiritual sequel to the acclaimed Neo Geo shooter Pulstar lets players pilot incredible aircraft across a number of dangerous missions, filled with enemies aiming to take them down
- Fatal Fury Special – This 1993 arcade classic is an updated version of the acclaimed Fatal Fury 2, expanding the original character roster to 15 playable fighters and introducing new gameplay changes such as the all-new combo system
- The King of Fighters 2000 – In the second chapter in the legendary King of Fighters Nests Saga, players must take down the secret Nests society to stop their evil ambitions and bring peace
- The King of Fighters 2002 – This fan-favorite title was released in 2002 and features the epic return of the series’ 3-on-3 battle system, along with a number of popular characters from the franchise
- Pulstar – Released back in 1995, this groundbreaking arcade game was the first SNK release to use pre-rendered graphics and if often regarded as among the best-looking shoot ‘em up games for the NEOGEO system
- Samurai Shodown II – Battle against 15 of the world’s fiercest warriors in this fun fencing fighting game first launched back in 1994
Prime members can look forward to additional free titles throughout the summer, including Garou: Mark of the Wolves, The Last Blade 2, Metal Slug 2, The King of Fighters ’98 Ultimate Match Final Edition, Sengoku 3 and King of the Monsters. The SNK catalog has long been revered by fans of old-school gaming for its simplicity and fun gameplay mechanics, and now is your opportunity to relive the golden days of the arcade era—or discover it for the first time.
The SNK games are available to claim by visiting twitch.amazon.com/tp/loot. To begin a free trial of Twitch Prime, interested new members can visit twitchprime.com.
Alongside this special offer, Prime members also receive an additional lineup of free games each month, and the best in-game loot for a number of the world’s biggest blockbusters, including Apex Legends, Borderlands 3, Fallout 76, Grand Theft Auto Online and more. In addition to gaming benefits included with Prime, more than 150 million paid members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime including the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon. In the U.S. that includes free delivery, free games and in-game content with Twitch Prime, unlimited streaming access to thousands of movies and TV shows on Prime Video; two million songs with Amazon Music; a free rotating selection of more than 1,000 books; magazines and comics with Prime Reading; and more. For more details about Prime, visit amazon.com/prime.