Posted by HTC Vive
In an effort to shed light on recent shipping issues reported since shipments began Monday, we would like to address several questions that have been asked in various forums. We understand that multiple issues have arisen in the past two days and we are working hard to resolve them as quickly and efficiently as possible. We appreciate your patience as we identify these issues and work to solve them. This post will serve as the bulletin board for known issues and their solutions. We will update it as frequently as we can in order to keep you informed on our progress.
- When is my expected delivery date?
Your Vive system will be shipped in the month noted in your order confirmation email. When your purchase has been completed and your order has been shipped, you will receive a separate shipment notification email, which includes a tracking number.
- Are orders being processed and shipped for PayPal users, but not credit cards?
Both credit card and PayPal orders are currently shipping. There is no difference in order fulfillment based on the payment method used.
- Are orders processed and shipped in the order received?
We have a first in, first out policy for Vive order fulfillment. There were a small number of orders at the beginning of April that were processed out of sequential order. However, we have corrected the situation and all future shipments will be sent in the order in which they were received.
- I paid for express shipping, but I received economy shipping. Why?
We will be issuing a refund (within 5 to 10 business days of shipment) of the shipping cost difference to all customers who paid for express shipping but received economy shipping. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Is HTC communicating with customers affected by order processing issues?
We are contacting customers affected by order processing issues through multiple channels – directly with customers and through updates on the blog here.
- What do I do if my order has been delayed?
Vive order fulfillment is on track without delays, so you don’t need to do a thing. Pre-orders began shipping on April 5th, as originally communicated. You can check your order confirmation email to find out when your order will be shipped.
- I was charged, but didn’t receive my tracking information. Why?
PayPal payments are made immediately at the time you order, but shipment occurs according to the order in which all orders were received. Credit card payments will place a temporary hold on the funds until your Vive has been shipped. Either way, you will receive an order confirmation email first, and a separate shipment notification email with tracking information when your order has been shipped.
- How do I get my bundled content?
Your bundled content will arrive via an email containing a redemption code within 24 hours of your Vive shipping.
- Why are there discrepancies between what HTC Care is telling customers and what the HTC Vive channels are telling customers?
We acknowledge there were some inconsistencies in our communication. We have taken the steps to align all messaging moving forward.
- My pending authorization hold dropped off my card and I haven’t received shipping information. What do I do?
If your authorization is no longer showing on your card, then we are processing your order. Please watch your email inbox for any updates regarding your shipment.
- Will I have the ability to go to the shipment facility and pick-up my package if I cannot be home to sign for it upon delivery attempt?
This is available for Fed-Ex orders in the US. You will need to sign the note left by Fed-Ex stating you wish to do so.
- Will shipments be arriving over the weekend?
Shipments do not arrive over weekends and will continue to arrive on weekdays.
- Will people who had their orders cancelled regain their original place in the queue?
Cancelled orders that were resubmitted will be placed back in the queue based on their order time.