Developer and Publisher Chucklefish today released their much-anticipated, free DLC Wargroove: Double Trouble, on the digital PlayStation Stores.
Wargroove: Double Trouble features a completely new outlaw-themed, co-op enabled campaign, showcasing new Thief and Riflemen unit gameplay, as well as ruffian Commanders; the mighty Wulfar, troublemaker twins Errol and Orla, and the maleficent Vesper.
Full Feature List:
- Brand new Co-Op Story Campaign (can be played couch co-op, online co-op or even solo)
- 3 New Roguish Commanders, each with their own unique ‘groove’ powers
- 2 New Units – Thieves & Riflemen!
- New Arcade missions
- Competitive online Quick Play
- Public and Private Multiplayer Lobbies
- New Volcano map theme and more updates to the custom Editor tools
- Outlaw music tracks, composed by Phonetic Hero
- And much more!
Cross-play on PS4!
An exciting addition to this release, is also the very much anticipated inclusion of cross-play support between all platforms, including PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC. This means that no matter what platform Wargroove players choose to battle on, they can enjoy competitive and cooperative multiplayer games, as well as share community-made maps online with friends. Wargroove: Double Trouble also features a new public and private lobby system for PS4 players, making it quicker and easier to get stuck into an online match, no matter your platform of choice!
“We’re very happy to finally complete our vision of one big happy Wargroove community as PS4 Wargroove players can now play with those on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC! From the very beginning, we knew that the multiplayer aspect of Wargroove was a huge part of the experience, and that it made the game very suitable for cross-play amongst all platforms.
This became even more important with the release of Double Trouble and its co-op campaign, and we felt that it wouldn’t be right to bring it to the platform without cross-play support. Our thanks to the Blitworks team who has been working on bringing the DLC to PS4. Thanks for your patience, and hope you’ll have fun!”
– Wargroove’s Lead Programmer and Chucklefish CTO, Rodrigo Braz Monteiro.