WarnerMedia today announced plans for an unprecedented collaboration among its videogaming and esports-centric businesses that will allow fans to prove their Mortal Kombat 11 skills in a unique tournament series, run by ELEAGUE, for the newly-released title. Top-performing gamers will win cash prizes and trips to compete in front of scores of fans at RTX, July 5-7, in Austin, Texas, Rooster Teeth’s annual fan convention and Texas’s largest animation, gaming and comedy experience.
This multi-faceted initiative – the ELEAGUE x MK 11 Arena at RTX Austin presented by AT&T* Fiber – represents a first-of-its-kind deployment of WarnerMedia’s combined assets, platforms, brands and products across the videogaming and esports spaces, and will feature many of its fan-favorite content, event and game publishing brands and interests including:
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment’s recently-released Mortal Kombat 11, the latest game in NetherRealm Studios’ award-winning franchise.
- Live and packaged tournament coverage across the digital, social and television platforms of award-winning esports content and live event brand ELEAGUE.
- Original content from Otter Media’s Rooster Teeth, including Mortal Kombat 11 gameplay videos from Achievement Hunter and Funhaus, promoting the open online tournaments leading up to RTX.
- Tournament organization and administration via the Battlefy platform.
- Presenting sponsorship from AT&T Fiber, bringing gamers fiber fast speeds(1), starting with a 1000Mbps connection, and low lag to run raids or scope out targets with a proven 99% reliable internet connection(2).
Competition Series Format
The road to the ELEAGUE x MK 11 Arena at RTX Austin presented by AT&T Fiber will begin with a series of six open online tournaments, each hosted by a top-ranked professional Mortal Kombat 11 player and run on the Battlefy platform. The winner of each online tournament will earn a cash prize and a trip to RTX. The Grand Final tournament will be held Saturday, July 6, from the Arena, with live coverage available on the ELEAGUETV Twitch channel. ELEAGUE will also create a one-hour packaged show highlighting the best moments from the Grand Final tournament, which will premiere later this Summer on TBS.
Open Tournament Registration
Interested players should register for tournament(s) – https://battlefy.com/eleague-x-mk-11-arena-at-rtx-austin-presented-by-att-fiber. Additional details including tournament dates, rules and other information are all available on the sign-up page.
Additional details surrounding the ELEAGUE x MK 11 Arena at RTX Austin presented by AT&T Fiber will be announced in the coming weeks. Fans can visit the Battlefy website, ELEAGUE.com and follow @ELEAGUETV for the latest on qualifying players and tournament results.