Funktronic Labs announces the launch of their highly anticipated SKATEBOATING game, Wave Break, this summer, coming first to Stadia. Winner of Best Humor at DreamHack Dallas 2019, Wave Break is set in a crime-filled, 1980s era Miami Vice inspired world, filled with outlandish characters, gorgeous environments, and a fresh synthwave soundtrack, where players can score massive points with sick trick combos, play with friends online, or enjoy the single player campaign mode. Wave Break will arrive first on the Stadia store this summer, and retail for $29.99 USD.
“It’s been way too long since a good skateboarding game like Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater came out, hasn’t it?” remarked Eddie Lee, totally unbiased co-founder of Funktronic Labs, “Look, we all know everyone needs a fun arcade skating game in life, but what we didn’t know is that you can do skateboarding tricks on boats too. And thus, Wave Break.”
Google Stadia is currently giving gamers in 14 countries free access to Stadia Pro for two months.
F E A T U R E S
- Pro SKATEBOATING Moves – Chain together sweet trick combos to boost your score, and fill up your special meter to perform special physics defying moves for massive points
- Boat on Boat Violence – Shoot your opponents with a selection of firearms in aquatic vehicular combat, and build your special meter to go into “bullet time” for slow-motion precision shooting
- Online and Local Multiplayer – Play on the couch with a friend in local split-screen, or play with other players online, with rank-based matchmaking and private matches
- Competitive Game Modes – Compete for the highest score in Trick Attack, gun down your opponents in Death Match, and take over territory in Turf War
- Single Player Story Campaign – Experience the rivalry firsthand between Mafia’s Big Pin and Detective McHutchenson in an episodic storyline involving guns, kickflips, and blood money
- Fresh Synthwave Soundtrack – Vibe out to an 80’s inspired soundtrack featuring brand new music from well known synthwave artists
- Boat Loads of Customization – Stop by the “Beach Boutique” shop for the latest fashions to dress up your characters, visit Jimmy Jimbo to purchase different boats, accessories, and skins, and don’t forget to hit the Gym to buff up your character’s stats and attributes