Time travel back to 2001 with us for a moment: Mary J. Blige had the number one song on the Billboard Hot 100, Monsters, Inc. and Britney Spears set a new trend in fashion wearing a dress made entirely of denim. And best of all, fans met Master Chief and Cortana for the first time. However, playing on Xbox meant hooking up your console with three (or more!) cables to a standard TV, pre-ordering games and standing in line at your favorite retail store to pick them up and playing games by yourself or at a friend’s house-sitting next to them on the couch.
The celebration starts today and continues through November 15, 2021.
- Use #Xbox20 on social media to share your favorite Xbox moments, stories, friendships, prized possessions, achievements… anything!
- Check out the Xbox Gear Shop for the first wave of Xbox 20th Anniversary official gear.
- Show off your Xbox and Halo love with free anniversary-themed wallpapers.
- Register today for Xbox FanFest to participate in 20th Anniversary FanFest activities including exclusive sweepstakes, FanFest gear, and digital experiences.
- Personalize your Xbox experience: check out the new 20-Year gamerpic and “The Original” profile theme in your “Customize Profile” menu. For Xbox Series X|S owners, “The Original” dynamic background is available in the Personalization menu.
- Check out this collection featuring some of the greatest games that have marked Xbox history. You can also find the game collection on your Xbox console by searching for “Xbox Anniversary” in the Store.
- Join Xbox today at Twitch.tv/Xbox at 11 am PT / 2 pm ET to kick off the celebration with a live streaming event and reminisce about two decades of gaming while playing the game that started it all – Halo: Combat Evolved via the Halo: Master Chief Collection.