Ylands Update 1.6 – Trading Territories adds, among other features, the ability to encounter completely customized, hand-built ylands (islands) while exploring your world map – carefully created and curated by the Ylands team. In the future, not only player-created ylands, but entire games will be discoverable this way.
Players will also be able to set rules on an yland-to-yland basis now, giving them control over who can visit & build on their lands.
For the hardcore creators there’s a real treat in this update: the beta version of the text-scripting API, which will allow unprecedented flexibility for all you creators out there!
Update 1.6 – Trading Territories includes:
- Hand-crafted ylands: think of these as random encounters on steroids! Entire ylands, flora & fauna, carefully crafted by Ylands designers, ready to offer you never-before-seen sights and truly unique exploration adventures. And this is just the beginning, in the future, you’ll see holiday-themed ylands, player-created ylands, and even entire game modes showing up in your Exploration games!
- Building station: just stand next to this amazing new invention and feel like the weight of the world lifting from your shoulders as you fly around its area of effect, making building a breeze.
- Vendor crafting: ever felt you need more trading in your Exploration games? With the new vendor crafting station, this is now a reality!
- My yland, My rules: players will now be able to set rules for every ylands they discover (and own), enabling who can build & where, giving them full ownership of the yland.
- Other Exploration changes: the barrier is now gone from the early game, fixed the propeller pack, and made changes to how “block hardening” works for a more streamlined exploration experience. And let’s not forget about an addition that will warm the heart of all the homeowners…a rake, for all your terrain smoothing needs!
- Global leaderboards: Creators will now be able to implement leaderboards that span the entire game, across servers and instances of their games, collecting competing players’ data from within the entire Ylands ecosystem! Daily & weekly breakdowns will make sure there is always something or someone to compete with.