Natsume Inc., a worldwide developer and publisher of family-oriented video games, today announced that French-Canadian indie developer, Lucid Dreams Studio, has joined the Natsume Indie Program. Lucid Dreams Studio’s first title, Legends of Ethernal, will be published by Natsume Inc. in North & South America and Europe, and will release on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC/MacOS in Fall 2020.
Lucid Dreams Studio was established in early 2017 by co-founders Maxime Grégoire and Francis Lapierre, who have both been part of the Montreal gaming scene since 2008. Members of the studio have worked on a wide range of AAA titles including Tomb Raider (2013), Life is Strange (2015), Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (2016), Far Cry 5 (2018) and more. The studio is focused on developing high-quality 2D games for PC and consoles. The upcoming title, Legends of Ethernal, was nominated at the Montreal Independent Game Awards for Best Music, Best New Challenger, and Best Canadian Game in 2019.
“We are proud to welcome Lucid Dreams Studio to the Natsume Indie Program,” shared Hiro Maekawa, President and CEO of Natsume. “The studio’s dedication to telling fascinating stories, creating gameplay that is accessible to all, and designing immersive worlds aligns with our mission of making games that are serious fun and make everyone happy. We look forward to releasing Legends of Ethernal, a game that embodies all of these values, this Fall.”
Legends of Ethernal is a 2D single-player action adventure game where you need to explore beautiful hand-crafted environments, solve clever puzzles, and battle challenging creatures to uncover the truth about your parents’ disappearance.
On a day like any other, a young boy returns home to find it in ruins and his parents, gone. Armed with courage and driven by the pain of his loss, he sets out on a journey to uncover the truth behind his family’s disappearance… But what he discovers will forever change the World of Arkanys.
- Enjoy mechanics that unlock with weapons and items that you find.
- Solve puzzles and unleash your fighting tactics against boss battles in multiple dungeons.
- Gather ethers and use items during the course of your journey to help you progress through the game.
- Admire beautiful 2D hand-drawn art covering multiple environments, scaling up to a resolution of 4K on supported platforms.
- Experience a compelling and linear storyline with great characters.
- Listen to the wonderfully crafted score; produced and recorded by veteran musician William Gough.
- Try the hardcore mode for an intense experience or enable the Child Mode™ to help you or your little one complete the game.
“We are really excited to work with Natsume for the release of Legends of Ethernal,” expressed Maxime Grégoire, CEO and co-founder of Lucid Dreams Studio. “We have been fans of their games since the original release of Harvest Moon and working together for the launch of our first title is another dream coming true.”