UDX Interactive’s debut artificial intelligence RPG Wheel of Fate has completed its Kickstarter today surpassing its goal by over $10,000 CAD. The campaign’s goal of $25,000 CAD was funded in less than 24 hours of its launch and has since been backed by over 300 fans.
Backers of the title on Kickstarter gained access to rewards which ranged from a copy of the game at launch and early beta access to merchandised products as well as a studio visit with the team. With a focus on each playthrough being drastically different from the next, Wheel of Fate’s AI system actively adapts for player choices.
Set in the fantasy world of Kismet Falls players in Wheel of Fate are tasked with defending the region from the Fateless. Having been dormant for years and long since thought to be the stuff of legends, the Wheel of Fate has been reawoken and with it the Fateless who are hell-bent on reclaiming their former empire. Featuring strategic turn-based combat and the game’s unique Active Response Battle system (ARBs) players are able to use billions of gear combinations and are given the freedom to customize the region’s buildings, craft weapons, as well as armor to protect themselves and explore procedurally-generated dungeons.
Designed by Mass Effect 2 veteran Mike Holmes, Wheel of Fate is slated to launch on Steam Early Access in Q1 2020.
A full list of features includes:
- Artificial Intelligence Wheel adapting the world to player choices
- Strategic turn-based combat with initiative turn system
- Active Response Battle system allows for engaging turn-based combat that keeps players on their toes
- Procedural Dungeons that adapt to the wheel spins
- Build and customize homes in the lore-rich region of Kismet’s Fall
- Manage and defend Kismet’s Fall as the protector, upgrade buildings and prepare for sieges
- Rich story that ties actions to the outcomes of fate
- Craft items, weapons, and armor to head into battle
- Billions of gear combinations to build a character in any way