On Saturday, March 16, Daybreak Games kicked off the 20th anniversary of EverQuest with the launch of two progression servers and an all-new “Gnome Memorial Mountain” content, collaborations and an upcoming GDC panel to celebrate the groundbreaking franchise with its loyal fans.
Take a deeper look at how EverQuest has inspired and revolutionized the MMORPG genre since 1999 and view the official trailer:
Few titles have existed as long as EverQuest. The franchise helped to develop and popularize the MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role playing game) genre and continues to influence games today. Since its launch on March 16, 1999, the high-fantasy free-to-play game continues to grow to-date with 25 expansions (and counting), over 1600 unique playable areas, 700+ raid events, 50,000 design scripts, and more than 3 million lines of code.
EverQuest remains one of the very few games that has built and sustained a thriving community, enriched millions of players’ lives and facilitated enduring friendships and relationships over the years that have spilled over into real life and sometimes led to marriages!
20th Anniversary Highlights include:
- In-Game Celebrations: Daybreak has launched Gnome Memorial Mountain, a new open world full of quests, collections and raids; new pack offerings and returning anniversary content for EverQuest fans.
- Progression Servers Launch: Players will be given two new opportunities to re-experience EverQuest’s history with the Selo and Mangler Progression Servers launch.
- Partnerships and Collabs:
- IDW Publishing: IDW will be creating unique licensed EverQuest products including physical tabletop games, art books, comic books and other novelty items featuring EverQuest characters.
- EverQuest Brew with BattleMage Brewery: Daybreak and local San Diego brewery BattleMage developed a special EverQuest brew, Brell’s Blessed Stout, in celebration of the game’s 20 year milestone.
- San Diego Comic Con Museum – EverQuest Fan Event: Daybreak is collaborating with the museum to hold an EverQuest fan event and interactive exhibit that will be open for one special weekend in April (stay tuned for exact dates). It will include a collection of 20 years of the game’s history and art, miniature live quests, developer chats, and another chance to get a taste of the BattleMage EverQuest brew, Brell’s Blessed Stout.
- GDC Panel: The Daybreak Games development team will be hosting a panel at the Moscone Center in San Francisco on Thursday, March 21 at 2:00 p.m. entitled ‘Living with a Legacy 2.0 – 20 years of EverQuest.