Go beyond the limits of reality into the realm of imagination with Mario & Sonic in Dream Events – intense, fast-paced experiences with your favorite characters that add an all-new layer of party fun you won’t find anywhere else, starting November 5! Check out our new Dream Events trailer.
Dream Shooting: Aim and take fire at a range of targets placed all around a traditional Japanese manor in this competitive score-based event! At different intervals during the match, flying kites will appear, which players can target for bonus points.
Dream Karate: Fight to light up the most blank spaces featured on the floor to expand your territory, combining the lightning-fast action of Karate with free-for-all gameplay! Every space where an enemy falls by your hand will light up. The player or team that lights up the most spaces at the end of the round is the victor. It’s chaos, fun-filled chaos!
Dream Racing: Hop on a hoverboard and zoom through a downhill course filled with question-mark power-ups and challenging obstacles, performing sweet tricks to earn a speed boost and gain the lead. The first one to the bottom wins!
These thrilling party events can only be found in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, available in the Americas on November 5 and Europe on November 8!
What you need to know about Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020:
- Brand New Story: Help Mario & Sonic escape from a 2D-themed console, the “Tokyo ’64.”
- 10 Classic 2D Events: Experience Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games in a brand-new way with classic 2D versions of 10 events from the Olympic Games Tokyo 1964.
- Plus, New 3D Events: Surfing, Skateboarding, Karate, and Sport Climbing add to the other 17 seminal 3D events already represented. With so many options to choose from, everyone has a sporting chance!
- Many Ways to Play: Exclusively on Nintendo Switch, determine who the real champion is while using the fun and flexibility of Joy-Con controllers to your advantage.
- Split-Screen and Online Fun: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 delivers multiplayer, both local split-screen and online, fun for all ages and groups.
- Play with a Cast of Fan-Favorite Characters: Choose from the star-studded Mario & Sonic family, including Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Knuckles, Peach, Amy, Dr. Eggman, Yoshi, Tails, Metal Sonic, Donkey Kong and more!
Enjoy 10 different classic 2D events with friends and family:
- 10m Platform (Diving)
- 400m Hurdles
- Gymnastics – Vault
- Kayak Single (K-1) 1000m
- Long Jump
- Shooting – Trap
You will also dash, jump, climb, surf and more in 21 3D events:
- 110m Hurdles
- 4 x 100m Relay
- Canoe Double (C-2) 1000m
- Discus Throw
- Equestrian – Jumping
- Football (Soccer)
- Gymnastics – Floor Exercise
- Javelin Throw
- Karate – Kumite
- Rugby Sevens
- Skateboarding – Park
- Sport Climbing
- Surfing – Shortboard
- Swimming – 100m Freestyle
- Table Tennis
- Triple Jump
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 will take to the starting blocks exclusively for the Nintendo Switch on November 5 in the Americas for $59.99 USD and November 8 in Europe with commensurate pricing.