All-New Call of Duty Delivers World War II Like Never Before; Seamless Integration with New Warzone Experience Later This Year; Offers Players the Complete Package.
Scheduled to start November 5 players will turn the tides of war to experience World War II like never before in Call of Duty: Vanguard. Alongside a seamlessly integrated, new Warzone experience coming later this year, the massive amount of Call of Duty content will provide players an unrivaled offering.
Vanguard delivers the complete package to Call of Duty fans across Campaign, Online Multiplayer, and Zombies co-operative modes. Players will witness the origins of Special Forces as they change the face of history, forming Task Force One in a sprawling World War II narrative campaign spanning the Eastern and Western fronts of Europe, the Pacific, and North Africa. Multiplayer features 20 maps on day one at launch. While Zombies fans will experience a signature undead gameplay experience, marking a franchise-first Zombies crossover for Call of Duty.
Later this year, Vanguard players will be immersed in a fully integrated, new Call of Duty: Warzone experience featuring a brand-new map, new gameplay, and new experiences. Together, this is the most connected Call of Duty ever, all powered by the next-generation Call of Duty engine introduced in Modern Warfare.
“Call of Duty: Vanguard is primed to deliver a stunning range of gameplay experiences for the entire Call of Duty community. Vanguard’s breadth of content is a hallmark of the title, with more multiplayer maps on day one than ever before and the first Zombies crossover in Call of Duty history,” said Johanna Faries, General Manager, Call of Duty, Activision. “Warzone fans will also experience a host of exciting new things to come as part of the new launch. We can’t wait to share more soon.”
Epic campaign spanning four major theaters of WWII
- Experience pivotal WWII battles through the untold stories of multinational heroes that formed Task Force One, changing the face of history and setting the stage for Special Forces as we know it
- The development led by award-winning studio Sledgehammer Games, Call of Duty: Vanguard drops players into an epic scale of global warfare, where they will experience combat through the eyes of the original Special Forces Operators across four major theaters of WWII
- The deeply engaging, single-player narrative features a select multinational group of four soldiers from diverse backgrounds, who rise together in combat to turn the tides of war
- Vanguard uses the next generation Call of Duty engine introduced with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare to deliver breathtaking visual fidelity, a photorealistic world, lifelike characters , and optimized performance that enhances the gameplay for an advanced Call of Duty
Unparalleled Multiplayer offering
- Massive day 1 Multiplayer offering with 20 multiplayer maps at launch, including 16 core multiplayer
- Experience signature Call of Duty combat and new ways to play with combat pacing and reactive gameplay environments.
- Tactical down the barrel gunplay, the return of Gunsmith, new custom ballistics, and reactive environments
- The fast and frenetic Champion Hill mode features a series of tournament-style head-to-head matches, where players can play solo (1v1) or squad up in duos (2v2) and trios (3v3) to battle it out in an arena consisting of four maps to be the last squad standing
- From the birthplace of Zombies, Treyarch helps deliver a franchise first Call of Duty Zombies crossover as Vanguard connects with the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies storyline delivering a new connection for Call of Duty players
- Players will be able to survive the relentless onslaught of the undead in a chilling all-new Zombies experience, developed by Treyarch Studios
- Provides continuity from a lore standpoint while innovating on the core gameplay loop
- Raven Studios leading the development of a brand-new Call of Duty: Warzone map coming this year
- Will feature a multi-faceted, new anti-cheat system across Warzone
- Shares the same tech as Vanguard for seamless weapon and operator integration
- Post-launch, Vanguard together with Warzone will offer a massive calendar of free post-launch content featuring new maps, modes, playlists, limited-time events , and seasonal events, as well as community celebrations and more
Call of Duty: Vanguard is available for pre-order now. The title is scheduled for release on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via Battle.net starting November 5.