Valorware’s latest installment in the 9th Dawn franchise – 9th Dawn III: Shadow of Erthil – is heading to Steam, iOS, Android, Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch a week from today: Tuesday, October 6.
9th Dawn III is a huge 2D open world RPG and “collect-a-thon” dungeon crawler packed full of adventure, allowing you to explore dungeons filled with more than 270 unique monsters – and enough treasure, loot, and rare materials to last a lifetime. There are also 1,400 uniquely drawn items to collect – including more than 300 weapons and 550 armor types and accessories!
Equip your best gear and journey across the fields of Ashwick, snowy regions of Halstorm, dense forests of Vlak, and perilous Hollow Mountains of Scorn as you embark on an epic quest! There’ll be some stories to tell after this one …
For more on this massive new indie RPG, watch the trailer below:
In 9th Dawn III: Shadow of Erthil, you can improve your character to become the ultimate warrior: Unlock spells and abilities, fine-tune your attributes and skills – and level up your crafting abilities in cooking, weapon smithing, spellcrafting, and more. You can also recruit monsters to fight alongside you – taking care of them and improving their combat skills. Finally, you can also unlock a mysterious companion to fight alongside you …
Need a break? You can put your adventuring on hold and take a breather by enjoying Fyued – a robust card game played throughout the game world with 180 collectible cards. Help the townsfolk raise the prosperity of their villages by embarking on sidequests ranging from silly to “Wut?”
NEW FOR 9TH DAWN III: SHADOW OF ERTHIL
- Robust creature system: Catch/tame more than 270 different creatures and form a party of up to 10. Level them up and “morph” them back to Level 1, with increased combat power over and over again to raise incredibly strong creatures!
- Improved companion system: Unlock a companion – which has all the same systems as the main player. Switch between yourself and your companion at the click of a button, allowing for exciting combat tactics – and a backup plan if one of the characters dies! Your companion can also have up to 10 creatures out with them.
- Local “couch co-op” 2-player mode (PC/console only): Enjoy the entire main campaign fully with the help of a second player at any time using a drop-in/drop-out system. Player 2 is also a full character with inventory/equipment/abilities/
creature party and can switch to the companion as well. Using all 3 characters (2 playable, 1 AI), form a very strong team and have up to 30 creatures out with you.
- Superior animation: Highly animated skeleton-based pixel art for better visual impact and a world that feels more “alive.”
- Ride the lightning: Rideable mounts!
- Improved crafting system: Master 9 trade skills – including cooking, weapon smithing, spellcrafting, and more.
- Craft enchanting Power Gems: Give your equipment some extremely powerful buffs this way – if you’re skilled enough at crafting, that is!
- Relax with a fishing mini-game: Collect up to 24 fish across various regions; just let ’em know you’ve “gone fishing”!
- Huge soundtrack: Featuring an expanded soundtrack (more than an hour of original music) composed and produced by Valorware’s Tom Au.
- Huge seamless open world full of dungeons, crypts, forts, and villages.
- Enormous amounts of loot, collectibles, and customizable gear.
- Fyued – an in-depth card game with 180 collectible cards to collect from NPCs.
- Monster collecting and leveling-up mechanics; 10+ monsters per character can be used to fight alongside you!
- Full orchestral soundtrack.
- Craft to create and customize weapons/armor, go fishing and make food, collect gems to create epic jewelry – and much more!
9th Dawn III: Shadow of Erthil will be released on Steam/Windows, iOS, Android, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch next Tuesday, October 6.