Vicarious Publishing, a new game publisher from the award-winning company Vicarious PR, has announced its first-ever title My Beautiful Paper Smile, a psychological horror game about children trapped in a facility raising them to be “perfect”.
In My Beautiful Paper Smile, players take on the role of a “Joyous”, a child part of the operation to make all children perfect by always smiling. However, the protagonist does not appreciate everything that has been done by the facility. The child wants to escape. This 4-chapter title brings a gripping storyline about children’s imprisonment, thrilling puzzles for players to solve, an eerie supernatural setting, and more.
“My Beautiful Paper Smile will touch everyone when they play through it as it takes on sensitive issues we all acknowledge but never talk about,” said Michael Brown, CEO of Vicarious Publishing. “This title puts childhood experiences of mental health into perspective with horror environments.”
- Stunning hand-drawn graphics.
- Developed in Unreal Engine 4
- Unique unsettling atmosphere.
- Deep engrossing story.
- Free yourself and try to escape the authorities ‘education’ facility.
- Use stealth to avoid detection
- Run and hide from the faceless one.
- Uncover the reason behind the operation.
- Discover the dark mystery behind the authorities’ twisted scheme.