Love is in the air! This Valentine’s Day (Feb. 14), leading game developer Schell Games will delight fans of superheroes, romantic fan fiction, and narrative games with the launch of its newest title Mission: It’s Complicated. With all pertinent details now available on its Steam page, Mission: It’s Complicated is a free visual novel that will have players rethinking the power of love.
In the game, players attempt to get superheroes to fall in love in order to save the world from impending doom. This narrative-based, feel-good experience allows players to take command of their own adventure as well as create various pairings between the five different superheroes — of varying genders and orientations — to complete an assortment of missions to protect the planet from total annihilation. Players will discover building strong relationships, romantic or platonic, is key to helping them reach their goals. The more compatible the pair of superheroes are, the more likely that they will fall in love and save the world.
Available on PC for both Windows and Mac, Mission: It’s Complicated has a total gameplay time that hovers between 8-10 hours. It takes between 2-3 hours to get to the conclusion of a single pairing. There are ten pairings in total.
Mission: It’s Complicated offers players a one-of-a-kind narrative where the puns are terrible but the feels are real. It has a distinct set of unique and heartwarming features, including:
- Choosing your OTP! Any hero of the five can be paired with another to win the game.
- No bummers! Every pair has a happy ending, so no need to whip out the tissue box or Ben & Jerry’s.
- LGBTQ… AF! Queer characters featured and embraced.
- Friend dates! Friendship is just as important as romance. Win the game with romantic or platonic love depending on which pair you pick.
- Free! Not secretly-designed-for-
microtransactions-free, but actually free.