Posted by Blade & Soul
An overview of the 2.1 update features and changes, as well as the full patch notes.
Blade & Soul Update 2.1 – Shattered Empire
Continue your adventures in Silverfrost Mountains with new dungeons, a new section of Mushin’s Tower, and a brand new 6v6 objective-based PvP mode. See more on our update overview page.
The Shattered Empire update brings two new dungeons; Cold Storage, a fairly simple but lucrative daily dungeon; and a new pinnacle in difficulty: Sogun’s Lament. In addition, Whirlwind Valley ushers in a brand new 6v6 objective-based PvP mode. See more in our Group Content article.
Spring Bounty XP Event
From April 27–May 11 earn additional experience to help propel you toward the end-game, or even just level up some new characters and classes. During the event the following bonuses are active:
- +50% XP from defeating NPC enemies/monsters
- +50% XP from daily quests
- +100% Guild Points from gathering/crafting
These bonuses also stack with all other XP bonuses, including the one provided through a Premium Membership. Get the most out of your leveling speed potential!
Shattered Empire 2.1 Patch Notes
- Daily Challenge is now available! Earn bonus rewards for certain Daily quests and get bonus rewards if you are able to complete 4 or more!
- A Daily Challenge Tab has been added to Dragon Express where you can redeem Heavenly Energy.
- Reduced the amount of Soulstones needed to craft Moonwater Plains items, including Moonwater Transformation Stones.
- Additional sliders have been added for Monster and Background Effects Quality.
- Fixed an issue where the /dance emote was not working.
- Increased the amount of Frozen Stingers available from Avalanche Den, Lair of the Frozen Fang, and Awakened Necropolis.
- Whirlwind Valley is now available! Whirlwind Valley is an objective-based 6v6 PvP mode where teamwork and coordination is key. This PvP mode is not gear equalized.
- Fixed the use of unintended items in Duel Arena and Tag Match.
- The following items are now available through PvP currencies from Duel Arena, Tag Match, and Whirlwind Valley (additional requirements are needed):
- Hongmoon Pellet
- Bloodshade Harbor Hongmoon Skillbooks (untradeable)
- Retreived Hongmoon Secret Technique – Volume 1
- Retrieved Hongmoon Secret Technique – Volume 2
- Chilling Flame Elixir
- You can now resist Asura’s Brand in Sogun’s Lament when equipping the following items:
- Awakened Oathbreaker Belt
- True Oathbreaker Belt
- Awakened Scorpio Belt
- True Scorpio Belt
- New items can now be stored in the Wardrobe, including the following previously avaialble items:
- First Mate
- Lover Boy Bow Tie
- Bunny Fluff
- The following items can now be mailed with Outfit Delivery Stamps:
- White Night
- Lover Boy Bow Tie
- First Mate
- Fixed and updated a large amount of text, voiceover, and cutscene localization in English, German, and French.
- Fixed an issue where some accounts were not able to send mail to other characters on the same account.
- Fixed an issue where external links could not be launched from the Announcements (F1) window.
- The deletion timer for characters level 16 and higher has been reduced to 12 hours.