During today’s Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast, SQUARE ENIX revealed that FINAL FANTASY XIV Online’s Patch 6.3: “Gods Revel, Lands Tremble” will launch on Tuesday, January 10th, 2023.
A new trailer offered players a fresh look at what to expect when Patch 6.3 launches, which includes a number of new activities including new main scenario quests, alliance raid, trial, and more. Additionally, updates scheduled for Patch 6.35 were also shared, including a new series of daily tribal quests and the next stage in the Hildibrand story saga.
Patch 6.3 quick overview:
- New Main Scenario Quests – In the darkness of the Thirteenth, the Warrior of Light finds an unexpected ally in a half-voidsent woman named Zero. She returns with them to the Source for a time, and upon recovering from their recent trials, they prepare to continue the search for Azdaja. But an unforeseen threat bars their path…
- New Side Story Quests – Continue Tataru’s Grand Endeavor and the Tales of Newfound Adventure.
- New 8-Player Trial – A new challenge at both Normal and Extreme difficulties.
- New Unreal Trial – Containment Bay P1T6 (Unreal) – As ever, the faux commander craves tales of death-defying derring-do, and in a bid to satisfy him, you cast your mind back to your frenetic encounter with the eikon Sophia. The memory remains vivid even now, and you find yourself facing the Goddess once more, your very survival hanging in the balance…
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid – Myths of the Realm, Part 2: Euphrosyne.
- New Ultimate Raid (Patch 6.31) – Launching two weeks after Patch 6.3, challenge a fearsome version of Omega in the latest Ultimate battle.
- New Dungeon – Lapis Manalis – In pursuit of voidsent, you learn of an abandoned village in the mountains of Garlemald where garleans once practiced the reaper arts. But what will you find there deep in the heart of the mountain?
- Duty Support Updates – Support will be added for the remaining Heavensward™ main scenario dungeons (The Great Gubal Library, The Aetherochemical Research Facility, The Antitower, Sohr Khai, Xelphatol and Baelsar’s Wall) so they can be completed alongside a party of NPC allies.
- Island Sanctuary Updates – A number of quality-of-life improvements, new ranks, crops, animals, and more.
- Gold Saucer Updates – New Leap of Faith map added.
- Miscellaneous Updates – A new treasure hunt dungeon, various retainer adjustments, a new Crystalline Conflict PvP arena, new custom deliveries, and more.
- New Tribal Quests: Loporrits – New daily quests for Disciples of the Hand.
- New Deep Dungeon: Eureka Orthos – The highly anticipated successor to Palace of the Dead and Heaven-on-High.
- Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures
- Manderville Weapons Update
Players will also be able to celebrate the Starlight Celebration in-game seasonal event up until December 31st and go on an adventure to obtain seasonal items, including a new mount, the Starlight Steed. Additionally, as the year ends, and a new one begins, players can celebrate the annual Heavensturn in-game seasonal event which will run from January 1st to 16th and offer fun rewards to collect as well.
From now through January 18th, 2023, in North America, fans can also purchase FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker Standard & Collector’s Editions and FINAL FANTASY XIV Complete Edition and Complete Collector’s Edition for up to 50% off through the SQUARE ENIX Store, FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station and PlayStation Store
Finally, players on the North American data centers are now able to utilize the four new Worlds that launched alongside the new logical data center, named “Dynamis.” Launched on November 1st, this addition will serve to further reduce congestion during peak periods for the ever-expanding player base with plans to expand again in the future.