Newest full feature expansion will give gamers more power than ever before.
This weekend Paradox Interactive announced that Nemesis, the newest expansion for Stellaris where players can become the crisis or rally the galaxy against it, will be available across the galaxy on April 15. With Nemesis, players will determine the fate of a destabilizing galaxy. There are many paths to power, and players can either embrace order and unity as a Galactic Custodian to combat endgame crises – or choose chaos with the Menace option to BECOME the endgame crisis, savoring the silence of a galaxy where theirs is the only voice that matters. Long story short: Nemesis gives fans the most powerful tools ever available in Stellaris.
Players can expect more control than they ever thought possible with new features:
- Become the Crisis: Become the fire that spreads across the galaxy, threatening its very existence. As an empire becomes more and more menacing, it will unlock powerful bonuses to finish a hopeless galactic stalemate on your own terms. If the rest of the galaxy can’t stop it in time, players can unleash enough power to end all of existence!
- Galactic Custodian: It’s up to gamers to campaign for the Galactic Community to declare them a Custodian, granting emergency powers to combat the Crisis. Use these extraordinary abilities to bring the galaxy back from the edge of destruction and restore order. When the crisis is defeated one may choose to relinquish their powers…or keep them, and form a new Galactic Imperium.
- Espionage: Knowledge is power; use new tools to spy on enemies (or friends). Deploy Envoys to lead covert Operations and counterintelligence behind enemy borders. Lies and deceit will throw your enemies off your scent while you learn their deepest secrets.
- As Infiltration Level grows players will unlock new operations, such as Sabotage Starbase, Acquire Assets or Steal Tech. Turn allies against each other through the use of smear campaigns and by instigating diplomatic incidents. Play it right, and they’ll be none the wiser: what enemies don’t know will hurt them.
- New Ship Set: Nemesis includes new ships inspired by some of the most imposing empires in science fiction. Whether you’re taking control of the galaxy or wiping it out, you’ll look as powerful as you feel.