More than 60 streamers are taking to Twitch today to try to raise $100k for type 1 diabetes research. The weeklong marathon is organized by JDRF, a global nonprofit whose mission is to improve lives today and tomorrow by accelerating life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent, and treat T1D and its complications.
Many JDRF Game2Give participants have T1D or have friends or family with the disease, and will share their personal stories during their streams.
Here are some of the week’s highlights:
- The Type None Grand Prix is a 6-day Mario Kart tournament with prizes including Pokémon Sword/Shield games, eShop gift cards, and Nintendo Switch consoles. For more details and sign-ups, visit: https://www.typenonegrandprix.
- Wavy will give away Red Dead Redemption swag donated by Rockstar Games, including a RDR2 Collector’s Box, Pendleton blankets, domino sets, Barking Irons bags, and more. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 5:30-11:30pm PST: http://www.twitch.tv/wavy
- IHasCupquake will give away a rare Grand Theft Auto V Epsilon candle, as well as GTAV games and Xbox controllers. Wednesday from 5-7pm PST: http://www.twitch.tv/
- AverageSiege will do a 24-hour Pokémon Sword/Shield launch marathon with a Nintendo Switch console and a copy of Pokémon Sword as giveaways. Starts Friday at 7pm PST: https://www.twitch.tv/
- NASCAR driver Anthony Alfredo will stream iRacing and NASCAR Heat 4 on Wednesday, Sunday, and Monday starting at 3pm PST: http://www.twitch.tv/fast_
- Indie singer/songwriter Resurrection Fern will raffle off a Nintendo Switch. Tuesday 4:30-7:30pm PST and Sunday 12-3:30pm PST: http://www.twitch.tv/
- DeRock1701 will give away Sid Meier’s Civilization commemorative coins and art books donated by 2K Games. Wednesday, Friday, and Monday from 7-11 PST: https://www.twitch.tv/
These are just a few of the more than 200 streams planned for the week. View the full schedule here: http://bit.ly/jdrf-g2g-