Update Includes Assassin’s Creed Crossover Content and Invasion Mode; Watch Dogs: Legion of Dead Available on Console.
Today, Ubisoft announced that Title Update 5.5 is now available in Watch Dogs: Legion on Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, the Epic Games Store, and Ubisoft Store on Windows PC, Stadia, Luna, and Ubisoft+, Ubisoft’s subscription service.
Title Update 5.5 welcomes Assassin’s Creed to Watch Dogs: Legions with two free story missions – “Enter the Assassins” and “The New Creed” – and two free world missions – “Templar Hunt” and “Artifact Hunt.” Players who have the Season Pass will be able to play as Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order from Assassin’s Creed, in both single-player and online, with abilities including:
- Hidden Blade: The iconic Assassin weapon. Improves melee and performs takedowns from any angle.
- Eagle Drone: A scout drone that can self-destruct and can emit a short-range electromagnetic pulse.
- AR Disguise: Players can assume the look of an enemy to get access to restricted locations. Also applies to nearby allies in multiplayer.
The update also includes other free content across the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion and single-player campaign:
- Invasion PvP: This fan-favorite PvP mode gets the Play-as-Anyone treatment; Invaders will have access to tools of deception, including the ability to swap to other characters in the world to avoid detection. The Search team will use their weapons, abilities, and tools from the environment to prevent the download from finishing.
- Extraction PvP: A new mode where players will obtain the prized crypto drives and race across the city to upload data while being hunted down by opposing players.
- New rewards such as the crown of wishes mask, timeless livery outfit, and ornate nocturne outfit.
- Resistance mode: Players can step into a challenging new way to experience Watch Dogs: Legion’s campaign, where:
- Permadeath is always on.
- Tube station fast travel is disabled.
- Most civilians start out by disliking DedSec.
- Most abilities, hacks, and gadgets have significantly longer cooldowns.
Additionally, Watch Dogs: Legion of the Dead is now available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, alongside the Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store on Windows PC, Stadia, Luna, and Ubisoft+. Watch Dogs: Legion of the Dead delivers a rogue-lite experience where players will have to “Survive-as-Anyone” against the looming threat of the undead and hostile living roaming the re-imagined fallen city of London. In solo or up to four friends in co-op, players will need to strategize on how to reach the extraction point for each run and gather as many supplies as possible along the way. Players can use abilities such as the Bee Swarm to decimate enemies, the AR Cloak to escape threats, and a Combat Spider-Bot equipped with a turret for protection.