Prepare to survive in the sci-fi horror game The Persistence, now available for retail on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices and Nintendo Switch™. Stranded aboard a doomed colony starship headed for a black hole, players must navigate through an ever-changing labyrinth, survive the mutant horde and restart the Stardrive before it’s too late. Developed by cutting-edge independent developer Firesprite Games and published for retail by Perp Games, The Persistence is available for $29.99 USD at major retailers including Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop and Target.
In the year 2521, players take on the clone of security officer Zimri Eder aboard The Persistence, a deep space colony starship in dire straits. Caught in a black hole’s gravitational pull and surrounded by a ravenous mutated crew, players must gather resources, upgrade abilities and construct weapons in order to survive.
Key features of The Persistence:
- Live, Die, reset – A doomed fate is surely imminent as a vast array of cloned monstrosities continuously repopulate the doomed starship to seek the player’s end. If any encounter with these foes proves fatal, Zimri’s consciousness is uploaded into a new host body, ready for another chance.
- Fluctuating landscape – A major malfunction to the self-configuring macrostructure will alter the starship’s layout each time a new cloned body is awakened or teleported between decks.
- Genetic reconfiguration – 26th century technologies allows for genetic augmentation and manipulation of dark matter technology. Acquire unique abilities by resequencing Zimri’s DNA to improve health, toughness, and defensive abilities. Harvest crewmember DNA and create clone bodies with their own unique abilities.
- Navigate, escape, fight and gather resources – One false move can result in an untimely death. Use the environment to sneak, hide and attack to gain the upper hand on the mutated clones. Resource gathering and weapon/suit customizations are key in order to survive.
- Asymmetric Multiplayer – Up to two players can connect a phone or tablet running iOS or Android to the game. Players can take control of ‘Solex’ to interact with the ship’s engineering systems in real time.
The Persistence is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch for $29.99 USD at major retailers including Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy and Target. The game is rated M for Mature by the ESRB.