Historic Union Pacific Line Arrives on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
It’s always the perfect time of year for railfanning, and the simulation experts at Dovetail Games are releasing the next route that can be enjoyed without needing to brave the winter weather. Train Sim World 2: Sherman Hill, featuring the Cheyenne – Laramie line and its majestic western scenery, operated by Union Pacific, is now available for purchase on PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store, the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S for $29.99 / £24.99.
Stretching 58 miles, the Cheyenne – Laramie route is one of the crowning achievements of America’s Transcontinental Railroad. Built in the 1860s, this route crosses the Continental Divide in Wyoming and has been a railfan favorite often referred to as American railroading at its best. While it was originally operated with the fabled ‘Big Boy’ of the steam era, it now is home to today’s third generation of diesel engines. Operators will control the powerful Union Pacific Electro-Motive SD70Ace with its 4,300-horsepower engine and the 3,000-horsepower EMD SD40-2 as they traverse the lines tough 1.5 percent westbound grade.
- 58-mile (93 km) route from Cheyenne to Laramie, Wyoming
- EMD SD70ACe diesel locomotive in Union Pacific livery
- EMD SD40-2 diesel locomotive in Union Pacific livery
- 60‘ Boxcar, Reefer Car, Autorack, 3-Bay Covered Hopper, Tank Car, Bethgon II Hopper, and Gunderson Husky Stack freight cars
- Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cabs with accurate true-to-life performance and handling
- Journey Mode features over 24 hours of activities for you to master
- Accessible Training Modules and five detailed and engaging scenarios
- Extensive 24-hour Timetable
- A selection of Route Tasks to complete
Livery Designer and Scenario Planner compatible
- Powered by Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph vehicle dynamics engine and Unreal Engine 4 technology