Today, mobile MMORPG MapleStory M welcomed the Pathfinder, a sharpshooting Explorer wielding an ancient bow, as its newest playable class. The Pathfinder’s arrival is accompanied by the Pathfinder Link Event with MapleStory, where players can earn rewards in both games by leveling the new class in MapleStory M.
Today’s update also increases the max level to 250, adds a flurry of winter season events and activities, and brings new missions and achievements to the game.
Latest Update Adds New Max-Level Expansion, Lachelein Map Area, Mini-Dungeon Improvements, and Multiple Winter Season Events with Exclusive Rewards.
As of today, the sharpshooting Explorer who wields an ancient bow, Pathfinder, is available as a new playable class. Maplers who pre-registered their Pathfinder were eligible for items such as Auto-Battle Charge Tickets and EXP tickets, while all players can take part in Mega Burning and On-Time/Growth Support events to help level-up a new Pathfinder quickly. As a bonus after today’s maintenance, both MapleStory M and MapleStory will be running the Pathfinder Link Event through January 19th, 2022, whereby, after reaching levels, 70, 120, and 140 on MapleStory M with the Pathfinder, Maplers can garner rewards in both games, including a Pathfinder outfit gift box, Ancient Relic, and more.
The Black Mage’s fourth commander, Arkarium, formerly a servant under Rhinne, Maple World’s Transcendent of Time, makes his debut in MapleStory M. Maplers will be able to craft an all-new boss accessory Dominator Pendant using the materials acquired when defeating Arkarium.
A new map in the Arcane River has also been added, the Dreaming City Lachelein, bringing with it new quests, monsters, area items to discover, and a new Arcane force field. Mini-dungeons have also received a quality of life improvement with this update so that Maplers can auto-play multiple times by using tickets and mesos.
In addition to the events celebrating the arrival of Pathfinder, players can look forward to numerous winter seasonal events occurring throughout December and into the new year:
- I&B Burning Challenge Mission Event – From December 15th, 2021 through January 19th, 2022, this event returns, granting not only Ice Agent or Burning Agent player titles, but also granting daily missions for players to conquer.
- Holiday Mr. Kim’s Gift – From December 22nd through December 3rd, 2021, tapping on Mr. Kim will reward players with special items.
- Winter Happyville Events – (Various scheduled times – refer to in-game event banner or see MapleStoryM patch notes for exact times and dates for each event.) Winter Happy Village will play host to multiple winter events throughout December and January :
- Coin Drop Event
- A Well-Behaved Child Needs A Gift!
- A Crying Child Also Needs A Gift!
- Buff Tree Event
- Great Rudolph Escape
- 2022 Countdown Event – From December 23rd, 2021 through January 6th, 2022, players can enter the event map every day and receive EXP for ten minutes. After spending ten minutes on the map, these players will receive a countdown reward and, on January 1, Maplers can earn a special New Year reward!
- Snowflake Snowpark – From January 6th through January 18th, 2022, Maplers can earn AB tickets, EXP tickets, and Gold Leaf by clearing different missions and receiving stamps.
- 2022 New Year Wheel – From January 13th through January 27th, 2022, players can receive a maximum of 5 wheel tickets per day by hunting. Rewards for participating in the event include AB tickets, Luckyday scroll 5%, cubes, EXP tickets, and more.