Vertigo Games, Innerspace and ARTE today announce A Fisherman’s Tale, the upside-down, inside-out VR puzzle adventure game is only a few weeks away from release, as it launches for PlayStation VR, HTC VIVE, Oculus Rift and Windows Mixed Reality headsets in January 2019 at $14.99/€14.99.
Playing with the incredible sense of scale unique to VR, Innerspace invented a unique VR gameplay mechanic based on the recursion principle. In a way, A Fisherman’s Tale is a co-op game – but instead of playing with others, you’re teaming up with multiple dimensions of yourself! With the ability to twist and bend your newfound, peculiar reality, you’ll be challenged with multi-dimensional puzzles on your journey to the core of an unusually tall tale.
What does it mean to be trapped inside a replica in an elusive virtual world? A Fisherman’s Tale at its heart is a story about breaking away from illusions to find truth. And who knows, you may learn something about yourself along the way…
- Break more than a couple laws of physics in mind-bending VR puzzles!
- Team up with yourself in revolutionary multi-dimensional single player co-op!
- Meet some of the quirkiest sidekicks to have ever set foot in a VR game
- Use your hands to pick up, throw, combine, and use all kinds of things in glorious fully immersive virtual reality!
- Toy around with your tiny little model lighthouse, inside a lighthouse, inside a… is that another lighthouse?
- Uncover the truth at the core of an unusually tall tale, exclusively in VR
A Fisherman’s Tale will be available for PlayStation VR, HTC VIVE, Oculus Rift and Windows Mixed Reality in January 2019.