Today, Modiphius Entertainment, the company behind popular tabletop RPGs such as the Achtung! Cthulhu, Fallout: The Role-Playing Game, and Star Trek Adventures, released a new setting sourcebook for their Conan roleplaying game, based on the Robert E. Howard Conan universe. The new book, Conan the Adventurer, serves as an extensive guidebook for players and game masters alike who are interested in exploring the lands south of the Styx River, including serpent-haunted Stygia, Kush, Darfar, Keshan, Punt, Zembabwei, and that vast region known to the folk of the Dreaming West as “the Black Kingdoms’. The 112-page tome is lushly illustrated and features new character archetypes, important NPCs players will encounter, dangerous beasts to battle, and of course, sinister magic! Available now on the Modiphius store for $36 USD and in all good retailers, Conan the Adventurer is an indispensable resource for those ready to explore the mysterious Southern Kingdoms.
Features of Conan the Adventurer:
- New archetypes like the Adventurer, Griot, Tomb Guardian, and Witch-finder, including talents, war stories, educations, equipment, and other background elements to bring them to life
- Important characters high and low: King Ctesphon of Stygia, Ageera the Witch-finder, Tananda of Shumballa, the sorcerer Tuthmes, Thalis of Xuthal, Amalric, King Sakumbe of Tombalku, King Zehbeh of the Aphaki, Gorulga of Kheshan, the roguish Stygian adventurer Thutmekri, and others
- Stunning art and maps produced by a variety of new and renowned Conan artists.
- A guide to the countries of Stygia, Kush, Darfar, Keshan, Punt, Tombalku, Zembabwei, and the other Black Kingdoms, describing their histories, cultures, and cities lost to human ken
- Conan described during his period as a war-chief in the Black Kingdoms
- Terrifying beasts and monsters: giant scorpions; the pig devil; the Crawler in the Dark; the immortal vampire queen Akivasha; and the dreaded Ollam-onga and its devil riders
- Myths and magic, such as the infamous cabal of sorcerers called the Black Ring, timeless Ghazal, the lost women of the flowery vale, the cults of Ajujo and Jhil, and more
- Developed with leading Conan scholars, this is the place for Hyborian Age adventure, just as Howard created it!