Featuring stylish turn-based battles and procedurally-generated maps, the game lets players freely explore perilous islands in search of fortune and glory while enjoying sharp visuals and challenging, strategic gameplay.
In Pirates Outlaws, the goal is to first recruit a pirate crew and then carefully navigate from isle to isle in search of treasure, new cards … and ever valuable relics! But to get to the loot, players must first survive a series of turn-based skirmishes that include more traditional sword fights and challenging gun battles. Only those who amass a huge pile of gold – and gain a reputation among their peers – can become the greatest pirate of them all.
“A PIRATE’S LIFE FOR ME!”
To get started, you must first select a character. Fortunately, there are 6 different pirates to choose from – each with a special ability and a pre-made deck containing 10 cards:
- Sword Master
- Cursed Captain
Next, it’s time to navigate and select from 3 initial chapters (with more coming soon). On the map screen, there are 3 difficulty levels to choose from – with “boss battles” in between. Each one of the levels contains the Tavern, Market, Event and Battle isles. You can play your way by choosing the desired destination on the map.
To navigate, you need to spend Action Points (AP). If you run out, the expedition ends. At the same time, you can also complete the game by defeating the 3 bosses – and then unlock new chapters and other endgame content with Gold and Reputation.
“We’re proud of Pirates Outlaws. A team of 8 poured everything they had into the game – bringing together Eastern and Western game development philosophies. We aim to make games that can be enjoyed by all kinds of players. Pirates Outlaws is the perfect example of this – a roguelike card game with an adaptive gaming experience (not hard, but not too easy!). The plan is to improve the game based on community feedback – making it even better in the process.”
– Nicolas Lavergne, Producer, Fabled Game Studio
- Choose from 6 characters featuring unique abilities and pre-made decks.
- Collect more than 250 cards, 50 outlaws, and 80 relics while facing 20 challenging bosses along the way.
- Explore 3 chapters at launch through an exciting turn-based, card combat system.
- Manage health and ship AP (Action Points) to survive.
- Enjoy a procedurally-generated map with random placement of Battles, Events, Market, and Tavern.
- Experience the life of a pirate with a minimalist 2D art style and an original soundtrack.
Pirates Outlaws is now available on the App Store and Google Play for $0.99. The game also contains in-app purchases.