Indie publisher Digerati is thrilled to announce vertically-scrolling shmup Rangok Skies for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam. The game will launch in Q4 2020/Q1 2021. Developed by Samurai Games, Rangok Skies offers an authentic old-school challenge with shoot ’em up gameplay inspired by genre classics, such as DoDonPachi, Gunbird, and Strikers 1945.
A Rangok Skies demo has been released to coincide with the imminent PAX X EGX online event, which starts this weekend, and is available to download and play now on Steam. In addition to giving players an opportunity to sample the explosive over-the-top action, the demo includes three of the game’s four available characters, each with their own ship and attacks, and features online leaderboards.
About the game
War has started! Rangok Skies is a vertically scrolling arcade shooter inspired by the genre classics, such as DoDonPachi, Gunbird, and Strikers 1945. Highly replayable with 4 different characters, each with their own unique ship, weapons, and bombs. Includes 2-player local co-op.
- Choose your pilot: Four different characters, each with their own unique ship, weapons, bombs, and story endings
- Solo Mode: Start with three lives and three continue credits, and try to beat the game!
- Online rankings: Which leaderboard you’re ranked on – Terminators, Masters, Heroes, or Babies – is determined by lives lost, continues used, and score
- Auto-Shoot Accuracy: Hold down fire to slow your ship and enable more precise movements
- Special Weapons: For targeted mass destruction of most enemies and bullets
- Mega Bombs: Inflict screen-clearing devastation, perfect for tight situations
- Collect mini-items and rewards: Increase firepower, charge the Mega Bomb meter, boost your score
- Five intense stages: Each with their own enemies and huge end-of-level boss
- Local Co-op Mode: Play with a friend and defeat Lord Rangok together
- TATE Mode (縦): Supports turning your monitor vertically for the full arcade experience