In anticipation of its sixth year of elevating marginalized voices in the gaming industry, Game Devs of Color Expo (GDoCExpo) has announced its second round of speakers, featuring some of the most influential and talented members of the gaming industry hosting talks on subjects from sustainability to starting a game studio to community management.
In advance of the event, GDoCExpo has partnered with Steam to host the Gradient Convergence showcase, which will feature demos and discounts for dozens of games created by developers of color. Featured games include She Dreams Elsewhere by Studio Zevere, Space Warlord Organ Trading Simulator by Strange Scaffold, Innchanted by DragonBear Studios, and many more. Gradient Convergence will be live on Steam on September 23rd at 1 p.m. EDT and run until September 27th, 2021.
Game Devs of Color Expo will also begin on September 23rd – 27th. Proceedings will kick off at 12 p.m. EDT with the Game Devs of Color Expo Direct, which will feature exclusive announcements and updates from more than 20 games on the GDoCExpo YouTube channel.
NEWLY ANNOUNCED SPEAKERS
- Xalavier Nelson, Jr. – MAKE YOUR GAME IN 10 MINUTES OR LESS
- John R. Diaz – Design Your Life: Sustainability while Developing Games From Anywhere
- Victoria Tran – Bad Community Management Advice
- Aubrey Jane Scott – The Tea of Starting My Own Games Studio
- Shana T Bryant – Do a barrel roll! A New Normal for Game Devs & Game Development