Pearl Abyss announced during the Calphe:ON Ball stream on December 12 that Pearl Abyss will consolidate both publishing and development of Black Desert Online starting February 24. The company also announced the content roadmap for Black Desert Online, Black Desert Console and Black Desert Mobile for the first half of 2021. For the first time ever, the franchise will receive a new class, Nova, simultaneously across all platforms on December 22.
Beginning February 24, Pearl Abyss will self-publish Black Desert Online for PC in North America and Europe, previously serviced by long-time partner Kakao Games. Pearl Abyss will open a website for user data transfer on January 27. Additionally, Pearl Abyss thanks Kakao Games for their highly successful publishing partnership.
Jeseok Jang, Black Desert’s Head of Game Design, shared a roadmap detailing future plans for the game. Look forward to a plethora of new content across all platforms coming December 22, including:
- A New Champion Joins the Fray!
- Meet Nova, a strategic frontline fighter and former princess of Calpheon, wields a morning-star and tower shield to devastating effect, as she fights to reclaim the throne she was once-promised. Nova can summon royal guards from the heart of her shield to defend her or create talons of frost to strike down her foes. Nova is the 21st class to join Black Desert Online and Black Desert Console and the 13th class added for mobile
- While Nova isn’t available to play just yet, Adventurers can start pre-creating their Nova starting on December 15 for mobile, and on the 16th for console and PC.
- Enter The Great Desert on Black Desert Mobile
- This new expansion will launch alongside on December 22nd for Black Desert Mobile. The Great Desert expansion is centered around the Black Spirit, an ancient anomaly that crashed into the desert in ancient times. Unique content like excavation that allow Adventurers to discover treasurer in the desert and new mount like the royal elephant and camel will be available on December 22.
Also unveiled are a number of features and game modes coming to Black Desert on multiple platforms in the first half of 2021, including:
- Black Desert Online and Black Desert Console will launch new PvP content, including massive battles between Calpheon and Valencia, with Adventurers from across all servers able to join the fray.
- Additionally, new 10 v 10 PVP “crew battles” are planned for early 2021.
- Upcoming adjustments to Node Wars – a large scale PvP mode where guilds duke it out for territory ownership – will make it so that players can launch right into the mode from their own camp.
To celebrate all the announcements and to thank the community, all adventurers regardless of their prefered platform can get rewards of cool items. PC players, console players and mobile players will each receive unique rewards.