This brand-new trailer provides a deeper look into the world and story of SEASON ahead of its January 31st launch on PS5, PS4, and PC.
With the January 31st launch of SEASON: A letter to the future on the horizon, developer Scavengers Studio shares a deeper look into the emotional and thought-provoking world and story with a new, visually stunning story trailer.
They introduce some of the characters players will meet on their journey, each of whom is facing monumental change. Players will support them through these moments and try to understand this season and the mystery of why it will end.
In SEASON: A letter to the future, you play as a young woman from a secluded village exploring the world by bike for the first time, collecting memories before a cataclysm washes everything away. SEASON is a quest to discover a new world; one unknown yet familiar. Document, photograph, and record life as you find it, while you still can.
In addition to the story trailer, the studio also shares more about some of the key characters players will encounter during their journey.
Kochi, a young boy, takes you on a bicycle tour of a valley the day before it is flooded.
Maytora, an outsider artist, documents the story of the valley through her sculptures. You’re the only witness to her final piece.
Easel is the last monk of Tieng Valley. Left behind by his teachers and friends, Easel awaits the change of the season in isolation, with nothing to pray for until you arrive.
You support them through moments of quiet crisis. In their lives, the change coming to the world is not abstract, it is immediate. They are trying to navigate, to survive, to find a way to live. You help them. You remember them.
The gameplay of SEASON: A letter to the future focuses on exploring, recording, meeting others, and unraveling the strange world around you. At any point, you can hop off your bike and equip a recording tool from your bag. Each captures a different element; sounds and music, art and architecture, voices of old people, vanishing religious practices, and the traces of seasons long past. Your tools help you examine the world more closely until you’re able to grasp the culture, history, and ecology underneath everything.
This highly-anticipated, atmospheric adventure game will be available digitally on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 for $29.99 USD and on Steam and Epic Games Store for $24.99 USD on January 31st. Players can pre-order on PlayStation now with a 10% discount for PlayStation Plus users or secure a 10% launch week discount on Steam and Epic between January 31st and February 7th.
- A bicycle road trip: Wind your way through stunning landscapes on your bicycle and take in each moment. Your journey will take 6 to 12 hours, depending on how much you linger. You should linger. It’s a game about lingering.
- A compelling narrative: Discover a new world; one unknown yet familiar. Contemplate and make difficult choices that could affect how the story ends. Select and capture the most important moments from the current season to preserve them for future generations.
- Document, photograph, and record: Collect memories, make recordings, and piece together the secrets of the world of SEASON in a highly customizable journal.
- Emotionally complex characters: Meet a diverse cast of characters, each of whom has two precious things to share with you: the stories of their lives and a moment together at the end of the season.
- Immersive Soundtrack: Listen to the gorgeous score as you travel through the world; music is embedded in the landscapes, and evolves and drifts as you do.
PlayStation 5 Features:
- Adaptive Triggers: Using the triggers to pedal your bicycle, the resistance will vary depending on your speed and the steepness of the road.
- Haptic Feedback: Feel the texture of the ground change as you cycle over different terrain with the DualSense wireless controller’s haptic feedback.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech: Traverse the world’s lush soundscapes and record them with defined, dimensional precision.
- Faster Loading Times: Leave home without delay – near-instant loading via the PS5 system’s SSD sends you on a bicycle trip into a mysterious new world.