In the wake of competitive surgery going global, Bossa Studios has today announced a series of ridiculous in-game challenges are heading to Surgeon Simulator 2. The latest update to the game, Clinical Trials, is a set of 5 levels released over 5 days with 5 outlandish prizes to be won, including a literal heart of gold trophy.
The Clinical Trials update continues the era of global competitive surgery that kicked off last month. October 15th saw real NHS doctors and clinical staff competing in speed heart-transplants within Surgeon Simulator 2 to raise money for charity. This was closely followed by the game’s Surgical Showdowns update, a suite of new competitive levels designed by some of the cleverest (and strangest) minds at Bossa.
Now, the studio is looking for any and all enthusiastic subjects to take on this week of fiendishly competitive challenges. The Clinical Trials update involves the following challenges released daily from November 9th until November 13th:
- Cash Grab – Grab a coin and slot it into the Penny Pusher – how many coins can you win before your stash runs out?
- Hand Ball-oon – One hand, one goal, many many balloons. Grab as many as you can and shoot them in the goal before the time runs out.
- Super Sausage Shredder – Powerful medical machinery meets hotdog eating contest. How many sausages can you shred in the Super Sausage Shredder?
- Go The Limb-it! – Lobbing legs and tossing arms. Just another day at the lab. Grab a limb from the conveyor belt, and toss it through the chute to score!
- Tower Shower – Stack as many cardboard boxes as you can. Sounds simple? Trust us, it’s not.
Side effects of participation may include random bursts of laughter, periods of addiction, and a range of sweet, sweet prizes, including headsets, exclusive merchandise, official branded medals, and of course, the grand trophy itself – a literal heart of gold (well, gold-finished bronze, if you’re being pedantic). The risks are low, and the rewards are great.